Why do some people start something with someone else while their current relationship is falling apart?

So this is interesting. Sometimes when a relationship is falling apart or going downtown, one of them might start something with someone else such as dating. But their current relationship hasn't even ended yet? In my opinion you should communicate to the fullest before you know there's no way it's gonna work. Actually you should break up before starting something with someone else. I'm not dwelling but my ex boyfriend did this with me and we didn't communicate so when I finally did, turns out he was seeing this other girl. Because of that I decided it's not worth communicating even further or trying to make it work because he gave up that easily. I officially left him and now they are together. Ouch.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, this is a good post. Well said. Yes you're right many people in relationships who are not happy don't even realize this basic thing, they need to first end the current relationship before going for someone else. I think people who do that simply don't think before doing anything, they give into attraction, they give into their emotions and plus when things are not working out they believe it's much easier to give up and get attracted, go for someone else rather than try to fight and work out the current relationship because fighting and trying to repair the current relationship takes more effort and energy, these people they believe it's rather easy to go for another person, or to start another relationship. However they must know that they shouldn't do unless they have ended their current relationship.

It's a simple logic people don't understand, Many people don't understand this.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry this happened to you, it's very hurtful. I agree the honorable thing to do is finish with current girlfriend first, my ex boyfriend used to say men are like monkeys - meaning they swing to to the next branch before letting go of the previous one. I guess it's selfishness really, and they are not sure if they can get the other girl, so they figure better hang on to current one. It stinks. Im sorry.

What Guys Said 3

• I think you will find the relationships was over for one person, they just had not told the other person.

• This applies exactly to me... my girlfriend was talking or texting this guy she met on instagram for 3 months and i berly found out an d it hurts like shit, she says she never met him and its believable because the guy lives in Lancaster and we live in LA but still i think about all the messages i read and seen it makes me sick my girl talks like that?

• Id say thdy do it due to insecurities they need to be in a relationship for security i think its pathetic

What Girls Said 1

• My dear if he's not communicating to you then you have to put effort into communicating with him, it takes two. And if he's unresponsive and have another girl than he let go first. Don't feel hurt or sad people who feel like their stuck or can't face the problem that lies ahead in a relationship will most likely run to another arms for embrace because they believe the love of the previous relationship is dead. But fear not you will find love it's only a matter of when.