He told me there were a thousand girls better than me?

Naturally I stopped contacting him after our breakup. He starting to contact me 2 months later and I kept ignoring him. Finally I started replying briefly and today he LITERALLY lashed out on me about how I have ego problems and that there are a thousand girls better than me and also that I think of myself too much.
I was in awe. I asked him what the problem was because this so random and out of the blue.
He told me I didn't talk to him properly, I never say hi, my replies are dry and I take ages to reply. And how he was trying so hard to be on good terms with me but I'm not cooperating. Basically a very long message saying you don't give me attention.
My question is, if he doesn't want to be with me (commit to me) then why is he trying so hard to be on good terms? He should just let me go. And also if there are a thousand girls better than me, why is he getting so frustrated with me about not giving him proper attention.

612

Most Helpful Guy

• Out of over 3 billion women in the world if there are only 1000 of them better than you it still puts you well into the top 0.0001% meaning that statistically you are WAY to good for him. He is just a dipshit with hurt feelings don't worry about it.

• got to love this! Haha... 😂

• @warren18 women. 3.6(ish) billion women in the world.

• Oh yeah, I misread your comment (sorry)

What Guys Said 11

• Some guys are like that... they are not sure they want you, but they would rather try to keep you around then let someone else have you and allow you to move on be happy.

It is just childish behavior... not becoming of a man.

• He has ego problems himself. Or he's controlling. Or he wants to keep you around as plan B.

• Because you're supposed to be friends you asshole.

I mean, I dunno what sort of dealy you had with him. If you started as friends and became more, or if while you were dating you guys were really sympatico, or something, but it seems like he wants to be friends with you.

You can just tell him you can't deal with it and you need more time.
    But friends are hard to come by, and if someone you care about reaches out to you, you shouldn't be a dick.

• So, if I get this right, you are obliged to get along with him, be on good terms. Fits the definition of hypocrisy quite well, don't you think? :D

• Seems like he's trying make you feel like he's doing well without you, just to make himself feel better.

• Just move on. And tell him that is he doesn't commit he can fuck off

• It's true, everyone is replaceable

• Dude's butthurt. So fucking butthurt. Just move on, haha

• He doesn't want his past to affect his future.

• I am going through something similar. What did you mean he doesn't want his past to affect his future? My ex is showing me hate, yet say he doesn't hate me. He wants me to feel hurt every day. Why?

• if your ex wants you to feel hurt then he still probably cares for you because if he didn't he would just walk away

• You probably do think way to much of yourself I don't know a female who doesn't

• "he LITERALLY lashed out on me about how I have ego problems and that there are a thousand girls better than me and also that I think of myself too much. "

Good job mate. Too many girls have this big ego in their head that they are super sexy and beautiful when they are just average. In short he cut down your ego because he realize you like most girls of this millennial generation let the white knighting and instant gratification of likes on facebook go to your head.

What Girls Said 6

• No offense but wow, what an ass! I would've told him to leave me alone and to find a better girl who would actually put up with him!

I think he's just hurt because he was reaching out and hoping you could be on good terms again but he realized it wouldn't be the same and lashed out. He's probably trying to convince himself he's better off without you and he doesn't need you by putting you down like that (it's no excuse to treat someone badly though). I say cut him off and stay away 💁

• It's an ego thing, most likely. He may not want to commit to you, but he wants you to fawn over him, miss him, regret that things ended, etc, because it will make him feel better about himself.
    He might miss you a little bit, too, and since you don't seem to miss him, it frustrates him. Some guys who feel rejected turn on girls like this.

• He wants to put you down and make u feel shit about yourself in the hope that you'll think being his plaything is as good as it would get for you.

Or his ego is hurt so he wants to hurt you.

Just be like 'whatever, dude' and then stop replying. Best thing you can do.

• He felt hurt because you barely replied to his messages. He wanted to remain friends with after the break up. You should have been straightforward and told him that you want to avoid contact with him because of the break up.
    He was frustrated and confused about why you were ignoring him.

• It sounds like you hurt his pride/ego and he can't let you go without punishing you for that. I think you should ignore him from now to eternity. You can do better

• Because you are not giving him the attention he wants. Don't fall back to him. if he really wants you, he will make the effort