Do you believe that forgiving somone who has seriously wronged you is the only way to find closure?

Thanks.

- Double H

25

Most Helpful Girl

• sometimes you can not forgive someone for what they have done. that is just the way life is unfortunately. things happen and they may or not be forgivable. for example, to me, cheating is unforgivable but there are people out there who forgive. I do not dwell on bad things everyday. I try to keep my mind clear of sad thoughts.

• Good point thanks.

• Honestly you can forgive and forget someone! It depends on what type of person you are. Everyone deserves to be forgiving at one point in life but you have to think once I forgive them will it benefit me in anyway if so go ahead and forgive them close that open wound and move on

hope I help xoxo!

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think forgiving is necessarily the best way. YOU may need to clarify for them your position & perception of the situation.. For you, closure may need a little more holistic approach, then abject forgiveness. . I mean sometimes it is detrimental to the person if they are entirely Delusional & Oblivious to there behavior & or how it may destroy the rest of all relationships.. I think first you should sum up what was wrong why & how them being psychotic was the cause.

THEN you find a way to gently subtly put them in there pace or alert them to the fact that they are more then a little challenged in the way of social grace & you really are glad they no longer darken the space in front behind aside above or below, & you FORGIVE them, as you see, you have already FORGOT (Them ).

BTW, If you do not mind, what are they to be forgiven for?

or / Is the the opposite side of your coin advice ? Or just a hypothetical, to see how sentimental ^, or vengeful ^ the community is?

- You can message me if you don't want to be public about the problem.. I had someone to forgive & / or forget & I forgot to TELL them - Either... But , maybe I could help you, & in that way, forget them again^^

:-)

What Guys Said 5

• Its been said that revenge is a poison meant for others that we swallow ourselves. If the wrong can't be righted then many people yearn to get back at the wrongdoer. Even if you choose to do nothing "bad" the poison of revenge, the daggers in your thoughts, can still sicken you. This is not a positive use of time and effort, this is not the way to contentment.

Intellectually, note and remember their behavior to spare yourself pain in the future. No need for forgiveness, just warranted caution. This is and likely has been done. Do not let the learned wariness spread to situations and people who do not deserve it. This would be your emotions playing nasty tricks on you.

Emotionally you need to let the wrongdoing go. To move on with the present and the future. To put your feeling to rest. This is the closure you are seeking. Unfortunately I do not know of a good way of making ones feelings do what one wants. Talking about them to "seemingly" no end does help but should not become a source of gossip nor a crutch you never put down.

So to sum it up, basically yes. Forgive if you can manage it.

• Forgiveness is for you, not for the person who wrong you... forgiveness does not mean you can trust the person, or let them wrong you again, it's for you to let go and move on...

• "Do you believe that forgiving someone who has seriously wronged you is the only way to find closure?"

No.

• Short of killing them, yes.

• To be short, if you can do so, it's a start.