Will I get him back ever? based on my story.

I dated my ex for 2 years. In those two years we became really close and he even told his mom he was getting serious about me. For some reason towards the end we started bickering more and more. Finally we got into a big fight and he said he needed a break. For the life of me I couldn't understand and begged and begged and begged him to talk to me. He finally did and then I begged him to give us a second chance...he did but really didn't want to. A month later it blew up again and he hasn't really talked to me since. But throughout the times we talked he started out with I love you and care about you but I don't love you like that anymore...then it just went to I care about you. I don't understand. For a while he told me, "I'm trying to make you happy while I give me some time." I couldn't understand so I kept bugging him, calling him, texting him and going to his job. That p*ssed him off but I didn't know how to handle this.

Do you think the fighting got to him and he doesn't want that drama anymore? Also, he doesn't seem to want to work things out...should I leave him alone and maybe there might be a slight chance he'll call? Have I gone too far for me to leave him alone and him want me again?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I think you may have overdone it. Most guys don't like girls who they perceive "won't let go" of a relationship, nor do they like having arguments with girlfriends. If you have any chance of having him come back, leave him alone. Maybe - MAYBE - have one final conversation where you lay your cards out on the table and tell him all you thoughts about the relationship. Then let it go. If he feels something again, he'll talk to you eventually. If not, he won't. Either way, the burden is no longer on you, and you can move on with life.

What Guys Said 2

• I having kinda something similar but not totally I can tell you how I'm handling to situation?

• Yes anything helps! thanks

• If you really love something you set it free and trust me if they want you they will be back and if not then you are free to move on with some closure.

• Based on your story I don't think he really like you any more he might be having some other girl that also could be the reason

What Girls Said 2

• Listen the WORST thing to do is not give a guy space when he says he needs a break. Girls make the mistake of constantly texting, calling, asking, professing their love after a guy asks for a break, however its true when they say "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." You need to give him time to miss you. This means NO contact for a few weeks. Chances are he comes back to you. You just have to show you're secure and you can live without him. Constant fighting kills a relationship. Let him miss you. There's this amazing ebook called "Get him back Forever" by Matt Hutson , it basically tells girls how not to be so needy and how to give a guy space, but its also much more and if helped win my boyfriend back, I HIGHLY recommend getting it. It'll give you tips on what you're doing wrong.

• Again the problem is you won't accept his request for space, you need to just calm down and give him his space, once he see's you respect his space he'll actually start to miss you again I recommend that ebook!

• Yes lol I actually have read this book :) I'm trying to get through this but also make him want me back, I doubt he will. :(

• well I'm on the same situation, my boyfriend broke up with me, but you know what? I didn't stop fighting for him.. on the 1st week of our break up, no communication at all, but we've talked once and that was the painful experienced I ever had.. he told me that we're really done and I can't have him back anymore [no chance].. I tried to move on and have fun with my friends but it didn't work.,then 1 day he told me that it's good if we're friends and only up to that extent.. You know I even beg for his love, I always text him and chase him in school.. he told me to stop texting him and he told me to stop begging for his love and cry in front of him because no matter what I do he already made his decision..but I didn't stop, yeah I stop texting him, but not stop fighting for him, even though he ignores me whenever I approach him in school,. even it's painful I still do, then after 2 weeks of our break up, he meet me once a week or whenever he is free, and during that meeting, I'll make sure that I will show my love for him, I surprise him with his favorite foods, etc etc, do the usual things we do when we're still together.. then in school I'm always there wherever he is and sometimes I missed classes because of him, my friends told me to stop and give some pride to myself but though I wanted, I can't.. and still continue chasing him, and then last week, you know what he told me that he has no plan of looking other girl now, he wants to be single until he graduated [2yrs].. and then I asked if there's no really chance of having him, then he suddenly told me I still have a chance..he didn't tell me why but I'm sure he appreciate all the efforts I have done to have him back.. I told him that I am willing to wait for 2 years until he finally decided to either come back or not, I will take the risk, I'm afraid but still I want to try,., if you lose him at the end it's better that you give your best than do nothing from the start to prove your love...and it's up to him to realize your worth and if not maybe I'll move on, but for now, I want to love him and show him how much I love him..so now my status is that I'm the courting him,. yeah I am girl but I don't care, what's important is to have him back.. and it's worthy because before he ignores me but now he talk to me, he even hug me when we're together.. I can say there's an improvement of what I am doing... Go Girl, if you really love him, don't let him go.. if you moved away from him, he will surely forget you, stay close until he realized your worth.. but you have to take the consequences if he did not go back to you.. but at least you tried/.. :)

• Thanks.. I'm going to give him a few months. which I'm sure we will both date other people. but I will try talking to him at that point. maybe he'll at least be talking to me by then. and we can go from there. but in a sense. no I will not give up. not just yet. but things do take time :) I hope it works out in the end.

• Yeah you are right,, give him little time to think,, then don't let him go,, prove to him how much you love him,,for sure he will appreciate it,, goodluck to us,, :)