Realistically, not idealistically, would you leave if the love of your life cheated on you?

It doesn't matter what kind of cheating. It doesn't matter the situation behind it. I'm talking very generalized here when it comes to the question, both emotional and physical cheating count. But I am talking about a marraige or serious long term relationship. Not a relationship that is kinda serious or short term. If the person you have a bond with (one that you hoped for the rest of your life) cheated on you, what would you do?

The reason I ask this is because, personally, I don't think I could leave the person I'm with if he cheated. And if anyone has read my opinions on cheaters, well they certainly aren't good. I despise cheating. I absolutely hate it. I think it's a disgusting thing to do to someone. It tears that person apart and leaves them with monumental emotional baggage.

I would never forgive someone who did this to me. I would never be able to look at them the same way again. I would never be able to trust that person again. But I don't think I'm strong enough to leave them, either. I think it's because I don't have very much respect for myself. I might even think that I deserved it. I don't think I could find anyone else that would love me the same way. I've always been a doormat. I love unconditionally (I'd like to say I have conditions, but I just don't think I do realistically). People can hurt me all they want and I would take it. I would be so unhappy, but I don't think I'd deserve better.

It's all hypothetical, since I haven't been cheated on (and my partner would never do something so horrible, he's just not capable of it. He treats me wonderfully and is the best thing I could ever dream of, which I am lucky and blessed to have, because the wrong guy could destroy me very easily), but I can see myself being that person who stays. I would love to say that I'd leave and never look back (and that's always the advice I give people who have been cheated on), but I can't honestly say that I could. I'd never forgive or forget, but I don't think I'd leave. And you know, that makes me really sad to think about.

I'm just curious if there are any people that feel similar?
Yes, I am 100% certain that I would leave
Honestly, I would stay, even if he/she did it again.
I would stay only if it never happened again and we could work out our issues and move forward
Vote C
Other/see answers (try not to pick this unless you really don't think you fit the other options or don't want to answer)
Vote D
GirlGuy
20
12