Why do guys talk about their exes so much?

see here's my problem I've been seeing this guy for three months now and I really like him, but all he ever talks about is his ex this and his ex that and how there best buddies who like to bullsh*t around on the phone, I'd tell him that its really not fair for him to talk about her so much but I don't want to p*ss him off.. how do I tell him that its really starting to get old and it kinda makes me mad?

how come his ex can get him to go have dinner with her and their daughter, but I can get him to go out and do anything with me let along go out for dinner or a movie? is he playing me?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Just talk to him casually when he is in a good mood or when you guys are doing something fun together. If he starts talking about his ex again, just respond to him by saying that you've really enjoyed the past few months you've been together, but you would like to focus on being happy together, which means you and him, instead of thinking about the past (his ex), and that hearing about his ex all the time makes you feel badly because he appears to be focusing on the past rather than the present with you. If he cares about how you feel, he will start to think twice next time he wants to talk about his ex again.

In any event, try to be patient and listen to him but be sure to let him know that you would like him to focus on you instead of the past with his ex. I think that's a reasonable idea and shouldn't p*ss him off at all. If he does get p*ssed off, you might want to talk to him and see what makes him angry. Does he still have feelings for her? That might be a good place to start.

Good luck!

Rachel

What Guys Said 3

• ok I can understand that but he is still in a relationship with you the only thing he should be talking to her about should be the child

• Im just gonna tell him no more talking about the ex and if he's so into her then maybe they should get back together already..

• first of all why are you letting him talk to an ex that's f***ed up

• He has a 12 year old kid with her, but he still talks about the ex alot...

• He obviously is not over his ex-girlfriend. There is definitely unfinished business there. I would communicate with him nicely about how it bothers you. If he still insists on talking to her and doesn't respect your feelings, I would get out before you get hurt unfortunately.

• Oh its all good now, he called it quits with me due to being too busy with work...

• I hear this one before bullsjit !

What Girls Said 1

• So you think that it is worthy of you being mad but you don't want to p*ss him off? Why do you care more about his feelings than your own, him talking to her makes you feel uncomfortable and it should. He cannot have a healthy relationship with anyone while still being best buddies with her. You bring this to his attention and tell him that you don't like it and if he should think even for a second that their friendship is more important than your relationship, then you know now instead of later.

P.s 9x's outta 10 if he wants to stay that close to her then he will whether you like it or not. Saying that, you need to take care of you, first! Good Luck!