This is a "no" right?

Let's say, hypothetically, that a girl gave a guy a valentine's day card (hand-delivered) with the words written in: "Let me know if you want to grab coffee sometime." And it's the day afterward and he still hasn't said anything. ...That's a "no," right?

Actually, if you could give me some insight into what's going on in his head, that would be great. =)
He said no, so I guess that answers my question. =P But by all means, if you'd like to share what you think is going on in his head, please do so.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably. Either that or he's shy, or something confusing. I don't know. I honestly recommend just going up to him and asking, like, "So, I guess that's a no to the coffee then, huh?" or something like that.

What Guys Said 1

• Your message is misleading. I'd be confused if I were the guy. He probably doesn't think there is any seriousness to the card you gave him.

• Well, I said a couple other things like "I'd like to get to know you better" and "why don't we see what happens" and he got the drift, but he said no. But in that case, I'm actually more relieved if he didn't think it was serious. (I don't want him to know how much I like him. ^^) Thanks for the answer!

What Girls Said 1

• Not necessarily. He may be busy or not want to seem overeager. The ball is in his court, so I wouldn't contact him again; let him call you. Just be patient and see what, if anything, happens.