My girlfriend keeps talking to her ex and I don't know what to do?

Earlier in our relationship her ex told me that I should read some notes she wrote him..it said how much she still loved him and always will love him and I just let it go because I love her so much. its really hard to deal with it but I have to because I don't want to lose her. She was showing me some texts on her phone from some of her girlfriends and stumbled on a text from him and she acted all weird and shut it right away. I told her I don't like him at all because of the notes that she wrote him but she still won't do anything about it. I guess what I'm trying to ask is what should I do about the whole situation? The only reason I haven't told her to stop talking to him is because I know she wants him as a friend and I don't want to tell her who she can have as a friend or not...its not right. Any advice would help, thanks

10

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree that she is entitled to have friends because she is entitled to have a social life. However, with male friends there should be certain parameters and boundaries set when both or one of the people is dating. Clearly, this has not been done by your gf. Therefore, I think you need to talk to her calmly about setting these boundaries because she is hurting you and the relationship. If she cares for you and wants this issue to be remedied then it should not be that difficult. If she is unable to do that then you will need to evaluate if this relationship is worth your time. If it were me, I would not be in competition with the "memory" of an ex. That person is an "ex" for a reason and there comes a time when it's time to let go and move on.

Best of luck.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 0