What's he thinking of doing?

I was with my ex boyfriend for 8 years, we have a son who is 6 years old. 2 years ago we had a blazing row and I left the family home, just 2 weeks later I met another guy who I was with for over a year, my ex was absolutely heart broken and begged me to go home, but I was so upset that I had to move out of our family home and set up in council house and buy furniture after I left every thing there for him. when I think back it was always bout him but was to stubborn to admit it or go back crawling to him, as much as I prob wanted to, nearly 2 years have passed and he has been with his current girlfriend for 1 year, he met her beginning of last year and I have been so sad bout this, but still wouldn't tell him how I felt, well until October last year when I finally had the courage to say how I felt, he said that if we we were going to get back together then I would have to wait cause he is happy at the moment, but he cares for me more than I can know. we still see each other every other day cause we have shared access to our son, the girlfriend is now staying at our home and this is very upsetting as we bought this together and she stays there when my son is there. we text several times a day, and he says his girlfriend knows I text but not one text has been discussed with her he says. I have asked to meet this women but for some reason he will not allow it. I have been waiting so long now and I'm hoping he will come back to me, but don't know what he is thinking of doing, can anyone please tell me how men think ? thanks

13

Most Helpful Guy

• You left him. You. He found a girlfriend after you, and though he still loves you ( seeing as he begged you to come back ) he's happy. He doesn't want to ruin it, and he doesn't want the drama. I can't say I blame him.

I don't know why you did what you did, but he's just trying to get it together; I can't say it is his fault or yours that things fell apart but it looks like he's stable now with someone.

• I agree totally. When she left the home and found other shelter, purchased furniture it appeared that she had moved on. Under reasonable circumstances he had to live his life with happiness. Seems he has found it, why ruin it for you to just run away and abandon him once again. You will have to work on expressing yourself verbally instead of physically (by running). You should respect it and be happy for him.

What Guys Said 2

• he's thinking he's not going to ruin his current good relationship no matter what he feels about you. But telling you to wait is really bad. Now you're like his backup woman. That's something you don't want to be.

you had opportunities to fix this and didn't, some would say it's too late now. the guy moved on. You would do well to let him go and learn from the past. future happiness awaits elsewhere.

• What was this row which you both had, which was so blazing that you left him and did not go back even if he was begging you to? Is there more to it than this one row?

What Girls Said 1

• i am sure it is terribly upsetting to have been replaced, especially with him being in your old home. your best bet is to move on. wounded egos sometimes make us think we want something that we end up not wanting if we do get it back.