Is this considered cheating?

do you draw the line at holding hands? kissing? sex?

I've been hanging out with a guy I really like, and he's into me too, and even though he has a girlfriend he started holding my hand the other night, then cuddling with me on his bed. when I tried to leave he'd be like "no, stay with me just a little longer." but he didn't try to kiss me or anything more. I'm guessing that's cause he didn't want to cheat on his girlfriend... then what did holding hands with me mean?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Technically, it is "not" cheating however it certainly is the precursor to cheating. It creates the temptation for something more and that can be a challenge to fight. With this in mind, I don't think this type of physical closeness is a good idea for the reasons given. After all, he has a girlfriend and IMO things like this should be shared with her. Obviously, I cannot tell you what to do but Babygurl had a an excellent point. Consider how you would feel if you were his girlfriend and he was doing this with another female. Would you be comfortable with it and consider it cheating?

What Guys Said 2

• sounds like cheating to me , come on what kind of guy with a girlfriend cuddles with another girl in there bed and expects that is ok with his gf

• I draw the line at emotional or physical intimacy, which includes making out I guess. It's more about intention than action for me.

• But we didn't make out... so why was he holding hands with me if he didn't want to get more out of it?

What Girls Said 1

• ok well the question you need to ask yourself is "if this guy was your boyfriend would you put up with him doing this with another girl?" if you wouldn't then I think the line has obviously been crossed.