Guys am I wrong for bashing my ex?

I've been dealing with this break up for a while with my ex girlfriend of a year. I was truly hurt when she dumped me. I tried everything i could i was loyal and i just didn't understand why it ended. Probably a week after we break up she starts texting this other guy. My birthday was around the same time so this really got to me. He seemed like he had eveything and had it all figured out. It crushed me. I was jealous and when i brung up there fling she would hit me/ choke me. I became suicidal. I felt low about myself and it was completey out of my character. I usually am very confident in myself but at that point she did a good job of lowering my self esteem because she knew exatcly what would hurt my feelings. The reason why girls do this after a break up i will never no. I mean i understand im not the one for you but you dont have to be mean to me When i told her i was going to commit suicide She hung up on me and she never spoke to me again. I had so much pain inside of me.. I still do. I would monitor her social media text her, anything to get her to talk to me. But she never replied. So i dealt with the anger by bottling it up. As a guy i dont know how to deal with my emotions. I could not continue to let these feelings eat me from the inside. So i decided to text her and message her mean things. I called her a piece of scum, a fat bitch anything to get a reaction. i didn't even care if she responded it was just trully the only way i could get over her was bashing her so i could no longer feel like i cared about her. Yea i know its immature and petty. But everyone has a breaking point point. there's only so much a human can take. What do you think?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you maybe need to write her a letter (one you don't send ) write out , hand write it, a letter putting all your feelings on a page , you can put it in an envelope and everything if that makes it feel more legit & whenever your ready , burn it. Let it be a step in the process of you getting over her. She sounds like an awful and abusive female , someone you should definitely get away from. So I would suggest you block her number and delete it out of your phone. If you have any pictures of you guys together delete them or throw them out. All those things from your relationship , just get rid of it. I know your a guy but if you need to cry , by all means put on a soul wrenching song and cry in the confines of a safe place. Than start finding hobbies that'll distract you , maybe join a gym ( I joined a ufc gym after a breakup with an ex that cheated on me , helped a lot ) get out the pent up animosity. And take it at your own pace don't have to do it all in one day but do it. Good luck & know it does get better

Most Helpful Guy

• Bashing her isn't going to change your circumstances for the better. Better just learn and move on instead of carrying this dead weight on your back. It'll hurt you a lot more than it will hurt her. I can understand why you would bash her, but again it is sort of an immature reaction (no offense) and doesn't really solve anything. Just forget about her, even if it is hard, and move on. Eventually she will mean absolutely nothing to you and you will find another girl who will make you actually happy.

What Girls Said 2

• I think bashing her is the only way you know yo stay connected to her but it's not healthy. You need to cut ties on divide media, block her number and try to find other ways to keep you mind off her. Go out with friends work more, study more, pick up hobbies and or go up the gym. The more you can do to keep your head busy with other things the less space she'll be able to take up. It will be difficult, but every day you stay busy it'll get a little bit easier. You need to get on with your life and trust me, when you do, it'll feel much much better thsn it does today. Good luck. Stay strong and stay busy. ❣

• Yes you were wrong to do that, and you were wrong to tell her you were going to commit suicide. I know its hard but if someone doesn't want to be with you anymore you can't force them.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!