Is it worth even trying to have a short-term relationship?

Met a cute girl at starbucks, yada yada. hit if off.

She is only here for 4 months helping take care of her new niece until the mom is back up and running, then she plans on moving to somewhere new.

She is really cool and I know for a fact that we both like eachother, but I'm wondering if you think it would even be worth it to start one if it is going to be ended so quickly, and be known from the start it has a limited duration?

• Go for it
  • Stay friends
  • Other (please explain)
    Vote C

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I say go for it. She's guaranteed to be here for 4 months, and she doesn't know where she is going, right? My parents had a similar situation, he was ready to go back home to his country after living with his brothers for a while in the U.S., but then he met my mom, and suddenly plans changed. 30 years later, he's still here. So just because she plans on going somewhere doesn't meant it will be so, and doesn't mean you can't go with her. 4 months is plenty of time to have a relationship. So totally go for it, have fun. What's the worst thing that happens? She leaves? Well she was going to do that anyway, so at least you will have fun while it lasts.

• Yeah, Well she seems like she is trying to stay out of a relationship for that reason though. She likes me, she flirts, but she shows that she doesn't want to get involved. So . .

What Girls Said 1

• I would say go for it. Not as a serious relationship type, but start casually. No girls would act like they want something long-term in the beginning because they don't want to look needy. You just have to play along and see where it takes you. Better to try than not try and later wonder what would have happened if you took chances.

Good luck!

Rachel

• That's kind of what I was asking, I wasn't sure if girls do the whole go with the flow thing. At least not in my experience =( lol

What Guys Said 1

• Why are you even thinking of a relationship dude? Are you the relationship kind of guy? If I were you I'd just have fun with it. She seems like she wants to have fun and not the type to be tied down. Here's one rule of thumb, a relationship is most likely to happen after a hook up or sex. The more you try to court a woman, the more she will try avoiding you. If she sees you as the type of guy that wants a relationship even if she's only there for 4 months, she will think you're desperate and needy. Go with the flow, hang out with her, do fun things, and don't court her. You NEVER know what will end up happening dude, let life lead things. Good luck.