Guys, How should I deal with rejection?

I asked a guy out from work via facebook.
He never responded, and when I asked him about it at work 3 days later he made up the lame excuse that he didn't see the message and doesn't pay attention. That's a lie because I could tell he saw the message and was on his facebook all weekend.

How can I handle this without being awkward around him?
I feel guys are more used to this because they usually ask out women, so any advice on how to get over someone is helpful.
It sucks. I REALLY liked him : (

3

What Guys Said 3

• Hide near his car and when he leaves work, throw gasoline on him and then light him on fire.
    While he is burning to death, make sure the last words he hears are you saying "I wouldn't have had to do this if you just acknowledged my facebook message! burn mother fucker, burn!"

• Funny, but in all seriousness...

• At least spit in his coffee or something.

• Use the bathroom and don't wash your hands and then greet him with a handshake and a smile. Little does he know...

• All you can do is be mature and professional

• I don't exactly know what it feels like to be rejected, but I do know what it's like to reject others.

Relationships are the worst, you aren't missing anything. Take it from me, appearance is a joke.