Being just friends?

So the girl I've been dating has just said we can only be friends, I'm in love with her and have been for years, so I rejected her offer and said we should go our separate ways as I can't pretend I'm happy with just friendship. Have I made the right choice? She's already deleted me from Facebook so I know she's serious about it, but I just dont know, should have I accepted her offer? I'm missing her like crazy at the moment. Thanks for any opinions.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• You stood your ground and let her know what you wanted out of the relationship.
    She may not feel the same way but you shouldn't hide your feelings. That just hurts you in the end. You must be honest with yourself and how you feel and not be ashamed of that. Be resolute in your actions.
    I understand what you're going through. Your attachment level is high and that will take some time to get over. I don't know how long but somehow it happens.

During this time you need to focus on yourself and move on. Sounds easy? I know, but your well being now is most important. Believe that are opportunities exist, make them happen.
    Take care.

What Girls Said 3

• Well , am down for doing what makes you happy and not settling for less than you deserve.

You want a relationship but she wants friendship. I wouldn't have accepted friendship knowing that wasn't what you wanted. So I think you are on the right path.

It hurts a bit now, but you would get over her eventually.

• You did the right thing because it would be hard for you to be friends with someone you love, it would only cause you more hurt in the long run. I know it's hard right now and you miss her but in time that feeling will diminish. Because if you continue to talk to her it will only prolong your hurt.

• Of course you shouldn't be friends, you're in love with her! I know, it must hurt loving someone and all they want is to be friends. The less you talk to her, the more you get over her.

What Guys Said 2

• No, you were right to reject her offer. You made the right decision, now just live up to it. Don't care about her reactions, you did the right thing.

• She made it clear that you can only be friends with so, it was best for her to cut all the ties, so you can properly move on from her