How to cope

how do you cope with a break up when you are both still in love with the other person?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• The saying that time heals all is true. You need to give it more time if it is still somewhat fresh.

Try and keep yourself busy, spend time with your friends and family, the people that will always be there for you. Try to avoid all those places that your know your ex goes to for the time being. Running into an ex when you still care and are not ready to see them can have a negative affect on us.

I took a trip to a asia when I went through my break up. You see life for some are so simple. We take so much for granted. Getting your mind off your relationship by getting away from all the places and things that remind you of them works great!

Now, financially we may not all be able to pick up and leave. In this case, staying away from those memories still apply. If you find yourself feeling so hurt that you feel angry. Try to make a list of why you still love this person and all the things that they did for you. Then make a list of all the reasons as to why you should not be with that person... Put that list away for a couple of months and the look back at it. You may not feel the same way as you did and that is a huge eye opener.

I find also find that, accepting that all this is a learing experience to make you a better person helps. Yes as lame as that sounds, time does make it make more sense. You don't wanna settle for less than what you deserve so set some standards/mental notes so history doesn't repeat itself for your next relationship.

What Guys Said 2

• Rebound relationship, comfort food, sport, alcohol, cigarettes, loud music, work... haven't figured it out really whatever works for you try lemons maybe...

• Im still trying to figure that out. Its much harder than other break ups because there is no hatred or bad feelings to feed off and there is no closure.

What Girls Said 1

• i think that if the issues isn't cheating or lying about something serious, then I think you all should be together. give that love one more chance. I mean, why not? why are you both sitting there miserable, wanting to be back together, just work the problems out. See, that was easy, huh? :-)