How do I tell my ex I'm not intrested in him?

my ex is trying to get back with me we tried working things out but it didn't work. so now he keeps calling me constantly trying to see me. he also told me that he loved me but I don't feel the same way about him. how do I tell him that I'm not into him without hurting his feeings?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to let go of someone you love. He's in love with you and anything but getting back together with him is going to destroy him. It's not fair to him that you lie. Don't tell him you just want to be friends because he doesn't want to be friends. He'll always have the hope that maybe you'll love him again. Keep in mind that he loves you! You are his world right now and your about to take that away. You may not be hurting but he is. Tell him that you are sorry and that things didn't work out, you understand that he's in love with you but your just not in love with him anymore. Have a big conversation, let him ask all his questions and gain closure. Your breaking his heart at least give him one night of your life to explain why you don't love him anymore.

What Guys Said 5

• sometimes you just have to tell people like this the cold hard truth even if they won't like what you have to say , you just have to tell them the truth and your feelings about the situation

• Sorry but I don't think you can tell your ex what you need to tell him without hurting his feelings. I would say it's better to just tell him the truth, whether it hurts or not, than to not be clear and be giving him false hope. Life is painful at times.

• Any form of rejection will hurt his feelings, so you can't really avoid it. But it is going to be better to just tell him. I mean it would be better to hurt his feelings and have him get over you, rather then dragging it out longer and sort of in a way leading him on. You have to take into consideration your own feelings as well, because those are also pretty important.

• stop worrying about hurting his feelings. Just say you want to be friends, and that's how it has to be, and you don't like that he calls you all the time. If you can't get through just kick him in the nuts, he'll get the message.

• Block his number and tell him straight out how you feel.

What Girls Said 2

• well you have to tell him straight up how you feel because if you don't and you keep letting him guess that you stil like him then it will end up hurting him more in the end. Even if the truth hurts... its always the best solution to solving your problems. especially if you are in or were in a realationship. :)

• Tell him that you already have a boyfriend.