What makes you NOT cheat?

Most people probably have fantasized about it, but what stops you from cheating on your partner? Is it because you think it's "wrong"? Do you not have enough time? Are you just too honest? Are you afraid of your partner's reaction when they find out? Are you too lazy to deal with the drama of it all? I'd love to hear from you all :D

Personally I'd never do it because I'll feel way too guilty and I think it's wrong to betray someone who's committed to me.

44

Most Helpful Girl

• i Have cheated in the long ago past.. with one of my Previous boyfriends.and that was because I was an insecure teenager. but when I got with my now husband. in my sophmore year of high school. and have been together for 6 years. I have Never cheated on him. and NEVER plan to. I think the reason why I haven't ever cheated on him is because he really made me feel good about myself. he showed no intrest in anyone but me. and it was the same with me. we have both been completly obsesed with each other. I have no intrest in any other guys because I am extremely thankful for the one that I have! and there is no way! I would risk loosing the only thing that matters to me in life! Right now, we are experiencing our first year long deployment, with him in afghanistan.. its only been about 2 months.. but I am handeling it very well, when compared to others. I miss him more than anyone will ever know.. but I'm not focousing on him being gone.. I'm focousing on bettering myself while he is gone so that he will be even more pleased with me when he does come home! focousing on... loosing weight.. quit smoking..saving money.. paying off old bills.. and working on joining the army also.. so anyways.. if you really truly love someone, you will have no desire for anyone or any thing else in life. my #1 priority is my husband. then career, then house,bills excetera...that is why I don't cheat on him.. I love you tim!

What Guys Said 4

• Are you too lazy to deal with the drama of it all?" LOL! I look at other women; it's just how my brain is programmed. If I was dating "the world's most beautiful woman," I'd still look at other women. There's only one thing that keeps me from cheating: "I'd rather be with my fiancĂ©e."

I worry about (me) cheating, probably more than most guys. My dad was a good father, but he wasn't exactly a faithful husband. I have a lot of people who knew my dad well tell me: "you're just like your father." It bothers me to hell when I think about it.

• Honesty is key, and if it comes to the point when considering cheating on them then likely it's time to break up. In a mature relationship things should be dealt with out of respect for the significant other. I know in my case I never even consider cheating, I have everything I need and more with one person. I also agree with you moyasu, I couldn't betray someone who trusted me to be faithful.

• Honestly, if I were in a relationship, the reasons are twofold: one being that, I wouldn't want to be cheated on. Second, it's wrong, on every level. If you want to cheat on someone, why the hell not just break up with them in the first place? Seems like it would be somewhat easier.

• I quit cheating because I put couple of my exes through a lot of pain and tears I was a bad ass boyfriend back then, I'm good now settled and like it this way.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't do it because I honestly love and care for my husband and feel that his happiness is my happiness. He sacrifices so much for me, so I in turn sacrifice for him. I rely on him, just as he depends on me. We've been through much together, our bond is not only strong, but it is sacred in my opinion. I would never break that trust. He knows this, just as I know he would never break that trust with me either. If you had asked my husband this question - he would have told you that it all boils down to self-control in the end. I think he may be right.

Hope this helps.

• For one, I think its wrong.

i wouldn't want my SO to do that to me.

Second, I'm pretty honest when it comes to me really liking a guy.

it [ me really liking a guy ]doesnt happen that often so why give that up for some fling that'll last a few days ?

sure I think "ohh he's a cutie" but it never goes past that.

i like being committed to whoever is my current as much as they are committed to me.

• Besides the fact that its wrong to betray someone how about because you love them?