Why did he change? Will he change back?

Description of my ex while we were dating: loved hanging out with me, told me I was the love of his life and he would never find anyone like me, said we would get married, always texted me, put me first, invited me to family events/holidays, decorated gingerbread houses with me, took me ice skating, carved pumpkins with me, cooked/baked with me, went shoppping with me, took me to dinner and the movies, stayed home to cuddle and watch my favorite shows with me, gave me presents, wrote me letters, bought me flowers, etc.

Description of my ex after we broke up: more interested in other girls, parties all the time, drinks beer and hard alcohol every night, smokes weed, joined a frat, doesn't text me, always wants to hang out with friends, etc.

the reason we broke up was because he cheated on me and kept it a secret for a month. he dumped me. then hooked up with someone else a week after. right after the break up he said he was always going to love me and that we were still going to end up together. we broke up nine months ago but stayed in touch until recently, when he said he no longer had feelings and things were done for good.

I know the reason this happened was because he is not ready to settle down and wants to experience other things.

He is now talking to a sorority girl who parties and drinks and talks to various boys at once. He said things with her would not be how they were with me and that he can't see himself ending up with her.

My question is, is this just a phase he is going through? Once he leaves his party days behind, will he go back to being the sweet person he once was and want to be with me again?

• No. Things are done for good. He made it clear.
  • He might come back after some time apart when he realizes you were the one.
  • Only time will tell.
    Vote C
  • Yes, this is just a phase and he will return when he's done because he told you you were the love of his life. He is just caught up in the party scene and being single.
    Vote D
  • He is definitely going through a phase, but once he's done, its not likely he will return to you.
    Vote E
Select a gender to cast your vote:

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Hopefully you get stronger and move on so there isn't a chance of him getting back with you even though most likely he won't come back after his "fucking everything that walks" phase is over. He is a cheater. He shouldn't deserve to have you after doing that for over a month.

• Im just hoping one day he will realize what he lost and regret leaving me

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry but the guy you knew sounded like it was just a front while he screwed around behind your back. I wouldn't waste time worrying and wondering about him.

• what do you mean by that, "it was just a front"? like he was putting on a show but was never truly that person?

• and you don't think its possible he will change back and regret leaving me?

• Maybe but it wouldn't be for a very long time. But do you want to really settle for someone who cheated on you and is just screwing around and being wild now?

What Guys Said 2

• Be happy he is out of your life. He is a frat boy, therefore usually a douche. And he exemplified being a douche. That's all you need to know. Good riddance.

• sounds like a PUA, look for a decent guy.

What Girls Said 1

• Why would u want him after he has been with all those girls? It's gross. Probably give u an std. Move on and find someone worthy of your loyalty and love. Someone that respects you and cherishes you and would NEVER cheat because he COULD NOT IMAGINE LIFE WITH OUT YOU!