Found out the guy I like is dating someone. How do I get over him and move on?

Befriended a cute guy in my gym classes. We see each other a couple times a week. He's a shy guy. Other than me, he doesn't really talk to anyone else. I have a lot of friends in the classes, so I talk to every one. Initially, he was not open to my attempts to make conversation, but now I think we can be considered good friends. I started liking him, and I thought he was starting to like me. We joke around, tease each other, and occasionally flirt (or so I thought). Today, I jokingly asked if he had plans for Valentines day, and to my surprise, he said he was gonna plan something with the girl he's dating. They met on a dating website, which took me by surprise. I acted happy for him, but felt like I got kicked in the stomach. Because we've gotten to be pretty good friends, I don't want him to think anything's changed, but now i think i'm gonna feel awkward when we talk. He always stands next to me in class, and we leave the gym together. I'm not sure if I can handle that right now, after finding out he has a girlfriend. But I don't want to be mean or rude. What do I do?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• how long have you actually known him? if it's not that long, then you more or less just infatuated with him, nothing more so you'll get over it really quick.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe just be happy he still talks to you

What Guys Said 2

• delete his name/contact info from everywhere.

• When it comes to crushes, the best way to get over one you can't have is to find a new one. However keep an eye out for him though because you could swoop in if he breaks up with that girl.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!