Found out the guy I like is dating someone. How do I get over him and move on?

Befriended a cute guy in my gym classes. We see each other a couple times a week. He's a shy guy. Other than me, he doesn't really talk to anyone else. I have a lot of friends in the classes, so I talk to every one. Initially, he was not open to my attempts to make conversation, but now I think we can be considered good friends. I started liking him, and I thought he was starting to like me. We joke around, tease each other, and occasionally flirt (or so I thought). Today, I jokingly asked if he had plans for Valentines day, and to my surprise, he said he was gonna plan something with the girl he's dating. They met on a dating website, which took me by surprise. I acted happy for him, but felt like I got kicked in the stomach. Because we've gotten to be pretty good friends, I don't want him to think anything's changed, but now i think i'm gonna feel awkward when we talk. He always stands next to me in class, and we leave the gym together. I'm not sure if I can handle that right now, after finding out he has a girlfriend. But I don't want to be mean or rude. What do I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• how long have you actually known him? if it's not that long, then you more or less just infatuated with him, nothing more so you'll get over it really quick.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe just be happy he still talks to you

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• delete his name/contact info from everywhere.

0|0
    0|0
  • When it comes to crushes, the best way to get over one you can't have is to find a new one. However keep an eye out for him though because you could swoop in if he breaks up with that girl.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Loading... ;