Ex boyfriend said "it's too late." Is it really too late?

Boyfriend of 9 months dumped me on new years eve, which was 1 month ago. Haven't contacted me ever since. I’m convincing and lying to myself that he’ll come back eventually but it’s been a month and i know he won’t.

I messaged him asking what i did wrong. He replied and we chatted for a few minutes. The whole time he was just saying "i don't know" and "It's too late" and "I don't like you anymore". He also sounded very cold as if i meant nothing to him from the start... Is it really too late? I'll start moving on but I'm still hoping he'll come back :/

42

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to learn that you won't get a happy ending all the time in life. He's a lost cause and you shouldn't think of him anymore. It's not gonna happen. Don't kid yourself in to thinking that it will.

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems like you are holding onto someone who has already let go. Although it's painful right now , you need to try to move on from him. It'll just cause you more pain if you keep clinging onto the hope that he will come back, after he has told you where you stand.

Don't lose yourself to someone who isn't making an effort to stay in your life. If he truly loved you then he would never let you go. The best kind of love is the one that withstands whatever may try to come between you both. If a guy wants you then nothing will keep him away from you, if he doesn't really want you then nothing will make him stay

There comes a time in your life that you have to give up on some people... not because you don't about you them, but because they don't really care about you any more. ♥

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like you need to move on.

What Girls Said 3

• If he says it's too late then I'm afraid it's too late

• I think you should just move on. It looks like he just couldn't find an excuse to end it and that's all he could come up with. I wouldn't waste my time any more if i were you :)

• I really want my ex to come back too :( I don't want to give up even though he's given me every reason to :/