Have you ever cut someone that used to be important to you off of your life? How did you cope?

74

Most Helpful Guy

• Easy.
    If that one did something unforgivable I wouldn't even think of that person anymore.
    But If I fucked up, I would just go to my friends and spend as much as time with them as I can so I can easly lift depression off :)

• What is unforgivable according to you?

• Betrays your trust, hurts your crush or bf/gf, doesn't care about anything that happens to you, ignores you as much as he/she can, always asks for money and nothing else and etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's easy to get caught up in the illusion of remembering how things "were" and then you regret cutting them off. Best thing to do is remind yourself of all the reasons you cut them off, sometimes writing it down helps. Also reminding yourself that you love yourself enough not to put up with being mistreated. It's normal to miss someone you care about but if they are not healthy for your life you've made the right choice! Reading the blog baggage reclaim has really helped me also

What Guys Said 3

• Sure. my highschool crush. The moment I found out she had kids with other men, it was game over. I tried to remain friends with her but she wanted more than that. Problem is I don't want kids.
    She unfriended me, blocked me, re-added me... then I blocked her from my life permanently...
    So far that's proven to be a good idea. I'm coping well. :)

• I have. If they're really worth cutting off, then you don't need to "cope".

• Yes, and I didn't have to cope, it was easy.

What Girls Said 6

• I've had to do that two people who I thought were my friends , one girl kept talking to my ex behind my back and kept score on me with him. the other is just a bipolar nut job who angered me one too many times. Its sad but then i remember what they did to me and then its not so bad anymore

• Yes, it's called Breaking Up. You remind yourself of why you cut them out of your life to begin with and move onwards and upwards.

• Yeah I did! It was a girl I was best friends with a few years ago. It was horrible. It felt like my heartbroke because I had to stop being best friends with her because she was so toxic. It took time to heal. It's not easy. I cried a lot and had to get counseling because she helped me form an eating disorder. I don't blame her for it because I made the choice. But I should not have been friends with a girl like that because at that time I was so insecure

• Yes. It was easy to cope after a week.

• I have. I feel relieved.

• My mother, three sisters and their families.
    Haven't spoken in 8 years. I get through it because I have self respect and won't allow disloyal, nasty people into my life to bring me down with them.