Should I end the relationship?

So I've been in a relationship with a girl for just over three years now. It's mostly great, however she has one flaw that I'm not entirely sure I can live with.

Each month her mood goes crazy. Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind at all if she just got upset, or needed cheering up or hugs etc, the issue I have is that she starts massive arguments over absolutely nothing. However that's not the worst, the worst is that if I happen to have something go wrong in my life at the time of her mood swings, then I get attacked (sometimes literally, I have a permanent scar on my arm from her).

Example: We were watching a film and I start to very suddenly feel pretty nauseous. So I run into the bathroom, and just hang there for about 10 minutes spitting out the excess saliva and trying not to throw up. She doesn't come to see if I'm ok (which is fine). Then I go back into the room and she is on her phone. I stand there groggily and croak, "Uhhhgg I feel really ill" and she turns to me and says "I figured..." then goes back to her phone. I frown and say that that wasn't very nice and she goes balistic, starts shouting at me for daring to talk to her like that etc.

Another Example: She kissed another guy and told me (after realising I was going to find out anyway). We have a discussion and I ask her if she still wants to be with me, she says yes etc and it was good enough for me. So I forgive her, saying that she's going to have to earn back my trust. Over the next few days she's moody again and snaps at me, and ignores me. I'm sitting there thinking wtf? So I call her up on it and she flips out again, shouting at me and saying she's not sure anymore, she's confused. I tell her to just leave the flat and come back when she figures it out. She comes back a week later and is massively apologetic and saying she hopes she hasn't ruined anything and she'll do anything etc. So against my better judgement I give her another chance. A couple of days

• Get the hell out of there
  • Stick with it

69

Most Helpful Girl

• Is she on birth control? That might help with her mood swings. It's also possible she needs to speak to a therapist.

I would have checked out a long time ago so...

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell her to calm her shit down or it's over. If she doesn't value your relationship to calm down then I don't think you have a future. Tell her in your next chat about calming her shit down, where I figure she is gona get mad and you will get in another fight... You should have the last word in saying if she doesn't calm down it's over, then just leave or tell her to go. After things cool down and you are "together" again keep in mind that if she rages out again, just tell her, its over and you can't take this anymore. That you have given her the opportunity to calm down but she doesn't care about your relationship enough. I hope it doesn't come to that tho and she changes.

What Girls Said 5

• for the sake of your own safety (since you mentioned that she has physically hurt you), get the hell out and don't look back.

• Heya,
    I think it's best if you leave this relationship. Maybe she has got some deeper problems she doesn't want to discuss with you and hasn't worked out. Or maybe she needs professional help! You just never know. And until she figures it out and gets whatever she needs... i think it would be safer for you to leave.
    Take care.

• Your story started off completely normal, like girls are CRAZY at least once a month and all guys would do well to know that, but her being inconsiderate and snappy with you over nothing isn't okay! Sometimes you hurt the people you think you love by being with them, maybe it's time to let her figure out what it's like to not have someone chase her so easily. When she is ready to be a mature and caring partner than you should consider dating

• She's either mentally ill or intentionally manipulative. If it only happens during her period, she needs to see her doctor about taking/stopping/changing birth control pills. That is not right or safe or fair.

• All girls are nuts.. If she says she isn't.. She is lying

What Guys Said 8

• I had the simillar situation, she was taking care of her phone & tv rather than spending time with me, if you love her be ready for the consequences, if not it's better to get away from her.

• If you dump her, and find a "nice guy" to marry, you'll be kicking yourself wishing you married the crazy girl years later once you've got into the swing of things and the nice girl gives you constant monotony. Your current girl is passionate. You don't know what you have.

• It'll stop when she hits her mid 40's. Or else become full-time.

• Do not give her an ultimatum, but also do not let her wipe her feet on you. It is completely up to you. And that is not just a flaw. It's a huge issue. Give space and time, let her realize what it is to be without you. Seems like she can't be alone and is really manipulative. Do what you think is best.

• Sorry but you're an idiot for staying with her. People like you do my head in.

• I totally get that girls get cranky on a monthly basis but physical violence is unacceptable. Do yourself a huge favour and get out of this relationship.

• Called a period lmao

• End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End it
    End
    It