Help me Please! What should I do?

I helped my ex boyfriend when he's broke, even pay for the food. Now he has salary, job and his own place and bought expensive stuff , But he never got me anything ! I just want him to show some gratitude actually.
I broke up with him but not officially, now I realize it was stupid. He said he doesn't go beyond 3 breakups, even if the girl is worthy. he has to give all his ex a chance if he gives me one. He said it's over and the best he can do is to stay friends.
Is he taking me as a doormat? Can I still win him back? Do you think it's worthy?

any idea?
He never took me out to a restaurant. I just want him to show some gratitude actually. So I said I wanted flowers, but he refused and said he's not that type of guy and he doesn't give a damn if I care about him or not ! I was so sad that I broke up with him. Do you think he's worthy? Or am I the problem? I feel like he's taking me as a doormat.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Look if he is fed up it's very difficult to win him...

• he's fed up? but I treated him so nice, why?

• Even if it you were nice he might just be over you :/
      I think he needs time to heal, but he should have appreciate what you have done to him that ***

Most Helpful Girl

• umm I'm not really sure... did he treat you well aside from that? If you win him back it'll have to be after a few months I'd say... that way you can be sure if you really want him back or if it's the feelings and the fact that it's very recent talking.

• he looked after me when I'm sick. But whenever we meet and talk about something, it's always about him ! I feel he cares about himself much more than me

• well I wouldn't want back someone like that...

What Guys Said 3

• Basically he was being an A$$ and even when he's still being an A$$ you want to be with him? The real question would be:
    Even IF he did get back with you, what makes you think he'd treat you any differently? If he isn't the one trying to win you back, it probably isn't worth it.

• I think you should just let it be because if you get back together with him he will treat you like a doormat

• Honestly, I'd do the same my girlfriend break up with me a month ago, I'm still in bad mood and crying day after day, but if eventually she decide to come back too late, my doors will be closed forever.

What Girls Said 2

• Just because you helped him out when he didn't have it doesn't mean he has to repay you for it. Of course that's a nice thing to do but maybe he just isn't seeing it like you are. As far as winning him back I'm not so sure how that would work I would just stay close friends with him and see what happens. He already knows how you feel so don't come off as desperate or clingy. Give it some time and it should work itself out.

• Yes, he's being unfair to you. Regardless of his past relationships he should have shown respect for your generosity and either paid you back or bought you something to show he appreciated your support.
    Looks like he doesn't need you anymore and is not for making any effort...
    He doesn't sound like a good guy. I'd let him be and move on.
    If he does come back be mindful he might just want your help, money etc and not a relationship.