We broke up but we love each other. I miss him a lot. How do I move on?

Me and my boyfriend of 1.6 years broke up because his mother is a heart patient and she's seriously ill and she doesn't want him to be with me. He says he wants me badly in his life but not at the cost of his mother. I love him and he loves me and its killing me to be without him even though its been just a day. He messaged me yesterday but I ignored because the more we stay in contact, harder it will be for us to move on and I had told him this before and I don't know why he messaged me then. I'm just 19. I tried a lot for our relationship in last months where he turned really rude and distant - he says its because he wanted to push me away because we don't have a future. He's been in love with me since 7 years. How do I move on? He was also my bestfriend.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• couldn't he just lie and tell her that y'all broke up? i mean if she's ridiculously ill, how many times is she gonna be out of bed (or maybe the hospital) to validate y'all being together? also, is that some type of death wish or something? like, i don't get it. it's pretty sad, but something doesn't add up, but i can't put my entire finger on it.

• He's really close to his mom. His mom has done a lot for him. There was this time when they weren't financially strong and she'd work for 23 hours including different odd jobs just to make him get into the best college. Now of course they're pretty rich but his mother has done a lot for him..

• We're of different religions and his is a very conservative family. I'm richer than him and they say I'm really good looking while he's below average so she thinks this will be a lot of problem when we plan to marry. Inferiority and stuff.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's so sad and unfortunate. 😞The worst thing to do is jump into other relationships. You'll just prolong your hurt, because how can you focus on someone new when your heart still belongs to the guy who broke. It.

All you can do is accept his decision. It would be sad to cut all ties under the circumstances. You have to ask yourself which is more painful... not having him in your life at all or accepting things as they are and remain friends. In time, his circumstances will change so if he truly loves you then he'll find his way back to you somehow.

What Guys Said 3

• Wow. That was actually really moving. I can't imagine what that is like and I dont think i should even comment because it involves not breaking up.

• I see how you feel, currently I'm in the same situation but my relationship was long for about 4 years and it's really hard, in my case the girl break up with me and stay at distance, she doesn't want to talk or anything at all... I really miss her but she said she overcome the love with me...
    I'd say go to him and talk

• Tell him that you love him but you respect his decision. If he doesn't want to be with you than you shouldn't dtay in contact. This will make things harder for you. You now need to spend time on your own. Do not jump into a rrlationship with someone else just to get your mind off. Try working on yourself and being the best person you can be. If he loves you he will come back to you. But give it time. It will take months!

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!