Why can't I get over him after almost a year?

Me and my ex were together for five years. We split up last year in April, and I am still thinking about him everyday. He is my first relationship, first love.

We had an argument about him meeting someone else who he claimed was just a friend. He said he didn't tell me because I would only be angry and he didn't feel the need to upset me when it was nothing. Not being told about it and him doing it anyway gave me more reason to believe there was something more going on.

I decided to end it with him - and tried to move on. After a while I decided I could get over it and work it out with him. He ignored me and wasn't interested in my change of mind.

I left him to it and got on with my life. 4 months later he began to text me telling me he still loves me and can't live without me. Due to all the confusion I didn't know what to do - I think I had full intention of getting back with him, just thought it was best to let him carry on making the effort seeing as he ignored me in the first place. Just to show him what it felt like.

The more I was responding to him by letting him take me out again and meeting him, the more he doesn't seem interested anymore. He doesn't text or ring anymore... how can he go from contacting me and telling me he loves me and wants me back to completely nothing?

I just feel so rejected and useless. Its like the tables have turned again and its me doing the chasing again.

I don't know where to go from here? we haven't spoke for almost a fortnight and the last words we had was an argument about his sudden horrible attitude towards me?

1
1