The hardest moment of my life, I need help?

I am at a part in life where I am finally stepping out of the complacent day to day bill paying and I am actually investing time into my future. I am very confident and determined to getting into the career field I want and I am very excited to start this journey. Unfortunately, this has created a strain on my almost 8 year relationship with my fiancé. He is very unsupportive but I never noticed before because I never strived to be more. Along with all my new gained confidence a lot of dirt has been stirred that I so blindingly swept under the rug. He disrespects me in public, puts me down and then says he knows he's wrong only to do it all over again. I have really really tried to fix things. I made a list of the things I need in a relationship (teamwork/compromising, appreciation/feeling wanted, trust, support) I told him these are the things I want in a lifetime parter. He said I just need to force him to do things and he will do them and that being an asshole is just the way he is and that it won't change. I am not a dominant person, forcing him to do things (dishes etc) makes me uncomfortable. So I told him that I can't do that. Then our conversation ended and that's when I realized that we aren't going to work like this. Either we would need to change or we would need to end. Nothing is changing and I feel like we are just holding each other back by beating this dead horse. We no longer have chemistry, and the only time we spend time together is if I force him to. I am tired of being the only person putting in effort and I want a partner who inspires me to grow. I feel like I should end it but it's the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I love him like a close family friend. I love his family like my own, we have children together, a car together, an apartment, this decision would literally change not only everything in my life, but his life and my children's lives. I want to make sure this is the right decision. Where do I even start?
The hardest moment of my life, I need help?
Add Opinion