Is it possible to force yourself to keep from having feelings towards anyone?

it's possible to force yourself to keep from having feelings towards anyone? It just seems it would be easier not to care, but how do I go about doing that? Or is it just something that goes along with the human nature?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a great question. I agreed that is much easier without having any feelings towards someone. That way nobody would get hurt. Feelings is something that we cannot control but we can control our actions. The way we feel about someone came from our conscious and unconscious mind. Is not possible to force ourselves from not having feelings towards someone nor is possible for someone to force us to have feelings towards them. Having feelings is like attraction. That attractions isn't a choice and so is feelings. However, here's the thing. Feelings comes and goes. The only way we can do is controls our emotions. we determine how we act and behave when we around the person that we are fond of.

1|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Its possible. Definitely possible. The real question is do you want to or even should you? as the saying goes the sweet isn't as sweet without the bitters.

If you really want to not care, you have to disassociate your feelings from the situation and person. This can be done, but takes a lot of unrecommended practice. Also it should be noted that if this is true love / your first love, it cannot be done. And even in these cases where it can, eventually it stops working anyways.

Get in or get out. The middle ground will kill you, trust me I know.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Well its human nature to want to bail out when we are having to much feelings its a fear!Why is it easier not to care ?So you don't get hurt?Id rather live knowing loves loss than not knowing at all!Maybe you don't want to explore that, and you may be missing out .Its beater to love then not at all!But if this person shares the same feelings why not explore that and if a heart breaks its apart of life and we learn and grow from it!Why force yourself to not have a great feeling?It could be insecurities and fear don't allow that not to let you explore pain and maybe love a better feeling!

0|0
    1|0
  • yea you can. I wouldn't recomment it tho because it will be VERY difficult to get your feelings back if you ever decide you want to show feelings again.

however, if that's what you really want...dont let them get close to you (mentally), start avoiding them as soon as you realize they or you have feelings for each other.

idk if you're refering to guys or to people in general. if its people I and general then look out for friends who are fun to be with but not interested in a deep relationship. just have a good time together but don't let them get into your mind.

if its about guys then just turn every guy down. the easiest way to avoid a heartbreak is not to start anything. know that you don't need a man to be happy. if you still think you need them (like physically :)) use them. but don't let them get close to you mentally.

but again this will become a routine and you will have a very hard time letting them see your feelings later in life when you decide you want to stop being a cold bitch.

good lucky anyway!

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to care about something in order not to care and vice versa. Therefore, human nature.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is impossible

0|0
    0|0
Loading... ;