When you are lonely do you start thinking about your exs?

Im sure everyone feels lonely at some point of their lives. I dated a girl for 5 years and we broke up about a year and a half ago and then i dated another girl for 2 months and that was 8 months ago. Since then i haven't had any hook ups or relationships. And i have my friends but they are all in vacations so im starting to think too much about my exs, not missing them! Just remembering the good times and the good memories we had.

Is it just me or does it happen to you as well?

• yes it happens to me sometimes
  • no it never happens to me

92

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, i think this happens to most people. Sometimes i will be walking down the street , and all of a sudden someone i used to care about so much , will pop into my mind. There's nothing around me which reminds me of him to trigger that thought. It just seems happen of the blue.

I guess in most cases it isn't the person you miss. It's the feeling you had when you were with them , and the memories you shared together.

You can't erase the good times that you shared with someone. So it's inevitable it will happen from time to time

• if random people could vote MHO i would vote you. This is the honest truth.

• Wow! I agree with you @pdxgirl she couldn't have said it any better!

• Thanks for the MHO

Most Helpful Guy

• It happens but it doesn't necessarily mean you should get back together. You are reminiscent because you are in a vulnerable state. If they treated you wrong then there is nothing to miss. If it was a situation of meeting each other at the wrong time and they were good to you then maybe but most likely it is your vulnerability. Visit friends or family. Get out and get your mind off of things whether it be alone or not

• Exactly! I think about my exs but i think about the good times we had and how happy i was at the moment, not that am not happy right now but, all those great times i spent with them, in any way , shape or form do i want to get back with them. Thanks for your comment!

• No problem ! :)

What Girls Said 8

• All the time. And I chat with them every day especially when I doubt myself or to remind myself I am worthy of more. I chat with them about my dating life and they give approvals or tell me he is a loser. Or answer my questions like I post here. I do that until I end up in a relationship then I stop.

• I just think about how much I want to bone my bf's brains out.

• Lol! If i had a girlfriend i would be thinking about that too!

• I don't have an ex

• Move on. In my humble opinion, thinking too much about ANYTHING isn't healthy. I'm trying to get over an old flame (it's been two months) and I miss him like CRAZY but those are emotions that I feel. He doesn't feel the same. So I moved on. I suggest you do the same, love. 🍉

• I think that's called "missing" them. Why would you think about them if you're not missing them?

• Because i dont want to be with them, see them, hang out with them, etc. I just think about the great memories we had. doesn't mean i miss the person.

• Maybe only if we HAD to breakup, due to some circumstances that we couldn't change. That we absolutely had no control over keeping our relationship alive, if we were forced by the dark force to just let it go. Then yeah, I would think of him in a good way. Other then that, there's no reason to think about an ex. If I was the one to dump him and then find myself thinking about good moments with him, I would seriously question my maturity level and why the hell did I break up if I miss it now. I dumped two guys in my entire life, not even once they (or the time we spent together) crossed my mind in a good way. I wouldn't dumped them if I had a high opinion about them or if there was anything worth to hold on to.

• I do think about my most previous ex and I miss our relationship. I miss the stuff we did together and I miss the way i felt being with him. But that's only because I didn't got over him yet, because he dumped me just like that over stupid reasons. I had no choice in the matter, but he did and his choice was to let go. And if he does think about me sometimes and about good stuff and misses it sometimes, I would say the guilt and regret payed him a visit, because unconsciously he knows he made a mistake. Otherwise I wouldn't even crossed his mind. I've been in both shoes. What I know for sure is that people are extremely dumb and have extremely high standards and wrong picture (idea, fanstasy, etc) about what a relationship is about. People break up over small things because they are stupid and weak.

• It's normal to reminisce about good times with people you once cared about especially when your lonely!

• No when I am lonely i just miss my boyfriend

• But if you were single? Who or what would you think about?

• Defiantly not my ex.
      Probably just think about life

• Rarely, but it does happen.

I focus on the good at first, but remember why we broke up so it ends. No more nostalgia and I focus on something else.

What Guys Said 1

• Nah there's nothing really to look back on at this point. Things don't happen for a reason. You gotta move forward and look towards new prospects.