Feel like I'm falling apart I'm loosing hope, what can I do? Why do bad things happen to good people?

My boyfriend broke up with me Monday as he revealed he kissed another girl Sunday night. He left the relationship, because he promised before we started dating that he would leave if he cheated. He claimed he had to keep his promise and he made up his mind. He has not physically made contact with me for days. But continues to text me.
I know I shouldn't reply back but I can't help it. As upset as I am I'm still in love with him. He meant so much to me. We had so many plans. And I wonder if he hadn't cheated would he have broken up with me. Or if deep down this was his ticket out of the relationship.
I'm heart broken, empty, I want him, I feel like I need him, but I can't force him, and I shouldn't be the one asking him to stay, he apologized for what he did and his absence with a sorry but he's not begging
He probably does not regret it and that's why he's not reaching out he's only reaching out when he chooses and for not the reasons I would hope. As he told me he doesn't want to fuck anyone else before high school ends and wants to know who has said certain things about us, I know I should be moving on but it hurts so much. I miss him. He was so much and apart of me. I feel like I'm slowly breaking. I can't eat and sleep but I feel sick. Sad. I have talked to other people and it does not help me the way it should. I'm so unhappy, I'm slowly giving up. And I'm afraid. That I'll never feel the same kind of love again

51

Most Helpful Guy

• I know it's hard but you have to cut off contact with him. That's the best way to heal and get over him. Also, you still have your whole life ahead of you so I'm sure you'll find love again

Most Helpful Girl

• Fuck him, he doesn't want you. iI know it hurts but you're not available to him anymore, he's made it clear. Talk to other people. When you think of him repeat that you'renot aavailable to him and that he no longer wants you. Cutting all contact with him is the first step of getting over him. We're young and make mistakes and that's OK. Everyone plays the fool sometimes, just keep in mind continuing down the road you're going is only making it more difficult/ prolonging your recovery. Don't beg for his love, if he wants you he'll come back to you if not take this relationship as a learning experience and know that it had to happen to better you/ for you to grow.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• Unfortunately, he has chosen to break up with you. If he had kissed a girl, but still wanted to stay in a relationship with you, he either wouldn't have told you, or he would have been honest and begged for your forgiveness... neither of those two happened. Sadly, it is over. It will take some time for you to get over him, but its just something that you need to do. Rally your girlfriends around you for support and hopefully they will take your mind of things for a while. Good luck.

P. S. Love will find you again...

• Bad things happen to everyone. Whether you are a good or bad person. Sometimes the most cold hearted calleous people are the most broken inside. They are that way because of their deep-rooted emotional pain pain caused by past experiences and unresolved issues. They cause other people intentional pain in order to heal themselves... which never works.

Love never comes with a guarantee. People change and feelings change. All the trust you need is to trust yourself. Then trusting others becomes irrelevant. That way if someone lets you down and hurts you , then you have the strength to get through it and adapt to those changes in your life.

You have no control over other peoples emotions and feelings... only your own. So you have to gain control over you pain. The only way to move on is to accept it's not meant to be. Keep busy. Try something new. Spend time with friends. Feelings do fade but you have to be patient because your mind let's go easier than your heart.

• Sweetie... there is always someone else out there. You're only in high school! PLENTY of time :) let him contact you the way he wants to... don't give in right away as it may have him thinking he can come and go as he pleases. Go out, have fun with friends, meet new friends, get out there. Its amazing what can go through a guys mind when he sees someone he just recently broken up with out having fun lol

• Trust me you will find someone way better than him.. you are just holding back and going through this phase.. keep yourself busy don't cried for a low life boy who did you wrong. Think about yourself you dont need no man to make you happy