I need advice. Should I break up with her?

Me and this girl have been together for about 5 months now. lately, we've been having problems; a lot of problems. we've both been on a total of 2 dates in those 5 months. I've attempted to arrange more dates (at least 5 or 6 other dates) but she always cancels them with absolutely no reason why. I, of course, being as patient as i am, decided to tell her it was okay and that we could do it another time. The most recent cancelled date was the one that pissed me off the most. here's how the text messages went:

{about 20 minutes before movie date planned a week in advance}

HER: "Matthew, i know you're gonna hate me for this, but i can't go tonight"

ME: "why?"

HER: (no reply, but read by her right after i sent it)

I don't know why she does this, and i have extreme patience, but this was the last straw for me. I turned down 4 other girls i could have gone for instead for her, and this is how she repays me? 6 cancelled fucking dates, and she won't even tell me why. I have really strong feelings for her, but i can't keep being lead on.

I really want to believe that there is a good reason for this, but i'm honestly losing faith. I've tried really fucking hard to make this work without her parents knowing (they don't want her to have a boyfriend because of her sister's teenage pregnancy, and i'm pretty sure they have something to do with this) but i don't know why she continues to cancel last minute. Her sister can drive her to barnes and noble and stay there for hours on end without her parents caring at all, yet she can't go out on a single fucking date with me.

I don't know, should i confront her and try to fix these problems, or just cut the rope?

• Dump her
  • Try to fix it

22

Most Helpful Girl

• You've gone on 2 days in 5 months I don't see how that makes you two a couple? Seems like she's just playing you...

Most Helpful Guy

• Do y'all ever FaceTime or Skype? Is this a texting relationship or do you see her, mainly if this is something where, she goes to another school or those younger aged relationships.. I would end it..

When you decide to either end it or continue, I would ask her mainly one question.. "Ms. Canceler, you're pretty busy lately. Might you clear up why last minute it's been canceled to see myself with a date? Either way, if you'd like to meet let's do that ____... if not let's please discuss seeing other people"

What Girls Said 1

• Before breaking up I would give her the chance to explain whey she has always cancelled. But yeah it sounds like she is either not invested in the relationship, or something else is going on.

What Guys Said 1