Ugh, am I a bitch? 😐 What to do?

Basically it was my birthday yesterday. My ex text to wish me a happy birthday at like 7pm saying ' Happy Birthday. I hope you have a nice day :)' but my day was almost over at 7pm so I thought... feck that.

Anyway, it's his birthday today and I REALLY do not feel like wishing him a happy birthday to be honest. If anything. I feel like saying 'Happy Birthday (although I'm only wishing you well to be polite)' or something to that effect.

he's just been such a twat recently and I'm actually really quite pissed off with him, I just don't know how to express it :/

so yeah, what to do?

• Wish him happy birthday but tell him you barely even feel like it.
  • Don't wish him happy birthday.
  • Just do what you feel.
    Vote C
  • Other.
    Vote D

06

Most Helpful Guy

• Ahhh, damn it. I saw the newer question already (I think). You should have just wished happy birthday. You may not like him right now, but the birthday sort of is a special day, and there is no need to ruin that for him, even if you don't really mean it, that sort of ruins the day.

• Yeah I know it's too late :( I messed up. Also, I didn't think my reply would have any effect on his day to be honest.

• Think of it this way: if you say something nice when it's expected, people may not remember it and take it for granted, but when you say something resentful, or meaner, people just keep that in their heads, even if it was expected.
      This is an extreme comparizon, but imagine your mother saying "you're beautiful". And then she says that she only said it, cause it's like an obligation to do so. How would you feel? (even if you know that it's true, it always hurts that someone got the courage to actually say it to your face).

• Yeah, I hear ya :(

What Guys Said 5

• text him at 8pm and tell him happy birthday

• I did, but I mucked it up.

• Just ignore it and move on

• Ugh too late :/ I wished him a happy birthday and it went down, terribly.

• Yea that was unnecessary and mean

• Well... I didn't really think he'd care to be honest :/

• You don't have to do anything.

• Yeah I don't know about that.

• Yeah that was a really bitchy move

• Say sorry, and dont talk again. You are really not nice to him. Did he do the dumping? Must be tough to be with you damn.

• He did the dumping. He was an ass hole. So it's difficult to be nice at times.

• he dumped you for what reason? your attitude?

What Girls Said 0