Just got dumped... got any ideas on how I can get back on my feet?

He broke up with me, todays before our 1 year anniversary. He said that I was a horrible girlfriend 95% of the time and made him missreable all the time. I am not doing so hot... got any ideas on how I can feel better? I really loved him and he said he loved me which apperently isn't true.(lol) I'm not made at him. I just kinda hate myself a lot because I know I wasn't the best girlfriend, but I tried.

57

Most Helpful Guy

• First and foremost, you should know that people often over dramatize when breaking up so as to deter the other person from trying to fix things. He most likely did love you and was not at all miserable or thought of you as a horrible girlfriend.

Now with that out of the way, there is nothing wrong with grieving. Let yourself be sad for a bit. There's a beauty to it. You're sad because it was meaningful to you. Cry as much as you can and then move on. It is always easier once you've mourned.

• Thanks, but when should I just be like "no more crying" because I cried myself to sleep, woke up and cried, skipped school, cried more. took a shower, and now i feel like crying again. We talked a bit today, and that didn't seem to help

• When you yourself are getting fed up with it or if it starts to seriously interfere with your life.
      Contact with him, whilst certainly tempting will make moving on more difficult. There is no way around that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Right now, just give yourself time to get over it and don't isolate yourself from positive friends who can help lift you up. Once you're at the point where you can take a look back at the relationship objectively and not emotionally (which again takes time), you should look for what you can learn from this relationship and the things you'd do differently in your next relationship. This is a time for personal growth.

I also strongly suggest not contacting him for quite a while. Don't be one of those people that cheat themselves into thinking their emotions have totally gone away and they're ready to be "friends" with their exes. All that causes is unnecessary pain, confusion, and more hurt feelings.

What Guys Said 6

• First of all, Mlle. F - Him. If he doesn't appreciate you (and you sound like a decent girl), then to hell with him. Tear up his stuff, lose his number. There are literally MILLIONS of men out there for you... You are stronger than this.

In any case, spend some time with your true friends, your trusted family members, your hobbies, your pets, the things that REALLY love you back. Give it about a month. Then go out and get yourself a Maaannnn LOL.

You'll be past him in no time.

• ... Yeah Time. And looking at what you did wrong as well, that takes strength to recognize what you did wrong and what should have done right. After you go through the 5 stages of a break up you will get back to your feet. Count yourself lucky for not being a guy.

• Go travel. Nothing like meeting different people and exploring different cultures

• Throw tantrums like a baby, send death threats to your ex say that if he doesn't say yes you should burn his family. That always works 😉

• Just stand up

• who cares its not a big deal dont cry over it

What Girls Said 4

• Take a few days to wallow. Eat junk food, cry, throw darts at his photos. Eventually, you'll get sick of wallowing (or your best friend/parent/sibling will and will tell you to stop wallowing) and you'll need to keep yourself busy. If you keep your mind engaged, you won't have time to think about how crappy you feel and you'll slowly start feeling less shitty.

• It's okay to cry. Cry as much as you need to. But also try to distract yourself with school, a job, friends, family, etc. Try writing a journal about it. I know it always helps me to get my feelings out onto paper. And remember all the good things about being with him, but also think of this as a life lesson. You learned about love and you took a risk by dating (because dating is always a risk... you either get married or you break up).

• go through his social medias and dislike everything, tell you and your friends how stupid and ugly he is. complain about him to people, eat ice cream and watch the fault in our stars, listen to screamo (if you're into it) really loud. if you're not into screamo, play some hard songs that you really like really loud. just bear the pain now. wait for it to feel better. look at pictures of way more attractive famous people and fantasize about your life with them.

• If it was meant to be then it would, things happen, and. you said you tried that's all that matters, if It didn't work it didn't work, someone beter will come along