How do I get over my ex telling me the whole time we dated he was cheating on me?

I always thought him and this girl were up to something while I was dating him but he always denied it. Now, 4 months later, he asks me what he should get her for a surprise and told me he was cheating on me for the 3 months we were dating with that girl. I thought I was over him, but hearing that just breaks my heart...

12

What Guys Said 2

• Realize that there is nothing you can do about it. It's over and done with. Just have to move on now. Don't let him get to you anymore.

• he asked you what he should get her?
    thats really fked up..

What Girls Said 1

• You are allowed to be hurt because he betrayed you. Now. The best way to get over this is to let time pass, but in the meantime just focus on yourself and what you have going on: School, work, activities, family, friends, etc. Lastly, you must understand that if this guy was cheating on you and the relationship ended, then it was a blessing in disguise and this is how it was meant to end. Can you imagine if you stayed with him longer and he was cheating the entire time? I believe everything happens for a reason, so you were meant to move on and be free from the relationship so you could be involved with someone better who won't waste your time. Also, take this as a learning experience in trusting your gut, you said "I always thought him and this girl were up to something". Well, now you know to trust your first instinct. :) I hope this was helpful!