Should I just stop talking to my ex?

My ex broke up with me 2 months ago over text. I was able to get over it though and we agreed to remain friends. He is 22 and I am 19.

So he suggested that we meet up and go somewhere to eat. However he has cancelled on me 3 times already and always an hour before. Something always 'comes up'. He also seems a bit hostile and cold all of the sudden - he just gives me minimal responses. But he keeps asking to meet up so I'm confused. Should I just give up on him?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Why are you continually torturing yourself? It's obvious that he is messing you around. Stand up for yourself. Tell him outright that you will not stand for this kind of behaviour. Tell him to call you when he puts his big boy pants on.

If it was me I'd just cut all ties and move forward with my life and never look back. It's clear that you really haven't 'got over it'. If you did you would never put up with this kind of behaviour and allow yourself to be messed around like this. You deserve better. If you had a girlfriend go through something similar, what advice would you honestly give her? Ask yourself that same question and give yourself a gut wrenching honest answer.

Its hard now but in time you will see how lucky escape you had and learned a lot about yourself.

Good luck with it all!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Flat out ask him what's wrong. You've noticed that he's becoming hostile towards you and you don't understand. So ask him. If he says nothing and still continues to act this way, cut all contact for a week. Don't reply to him until he apologizes for the way he's been acting towards you. Show him that it's not acceptable to treat you like that.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes. Most exes don't make good friends anyway.

What Girls Said 1

• He's making sure you're still available for him.. Next time he asks, tell him you already have plans. t