Help!!! Is it normal that someone that likes you doesn't text you much?

I know he is really busy with work but still

Guys please comment!!!
Guys help!!!

75

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, that's perfectly normal. Some people aren't really big on texting a lot. It can be a big time waster.

• So you don't talk to someone you like for a week or two unless you see them?

• I think he likes you or he wouldn't be asking you on dates. Maybe he really misses the relationship you 2 used to have.

• Maybe but some guys do say guys just take you out on dates to get what they want out of you too

What Guys Said 4

• I use the phone to make dates and talk to the girl on the dates.

I use to text girls a lot (as long as they text back as much as I did). But it wasn't getting me a lot of dates. Now I get more dates by txting less.

• But I'm talking about talking to someone you like if you can't see them

• Ok seems like you've made up your mind. Best of luck

• Well is it okay to not communicate unless you're going to see each other

• Yes, if he doesn't like texting. I don't text ANYONE much. I hate conversing over text.

• How about over the phone?

• Based on most girls' experiences on this site, yeah, it's a booty call.
      Unless he's like me and he'd wanna hang out at night just for fun anyway... but I doubt that.

• We'll he's supposed to like me?

• Some people are not good with their phones or are not big texters.

I am this way and it drives my friends and family crazy. I simply just do not check my phone.

• Even when someone calls you?

• I think it is retarded and insulting, so never 'text'

• Why is it insulting?

• We'll like I said he shows it when I go over there

• So you're take on that is...

What Girls Said 7

• Well some guys rather talk on the phone as it's easier to communicate. Texting can cause confusion and misunderstandings which is common when texting.

If he really likes you and his busy at work, his just busy. A guys amount of texting doesn't really matter, as long as he told you that he likes you, you shouldn't worry.

• Well he never told me but I can tell by his actions

• What's a typical routine with you guys.. Within a day?

• He's always working lol

• I know you wanted guys to comment, but I thought I'd chime in. I think it depends on the person. For me, it's totally normal. I prefer to have conversations face to face and so don't even have a texting plan for my phone. If people NEED to be in contact with me that way, they do it over Facebook. But all my friends and my SO know that I don't text often. I like my SO, obviously, but I don't often text him without a specific thing we need to figure out (did you need me to pick up bell peppers at the store, etc).

• No it's okay I wanted anyone's opinion really.
      So you don't talk to him for weeks at a time if you two don't see each other?

• I'd say at most we'll be out of contact for a few days. For example, I went to visit friends in a town a few hours away during the week, when he had to work (I own my own business, so I can work wherever and can just up and leave in the middle of the week if I want, but he can't). When he got out of work every day, I'd be out with friends, and he knew that, so for a few days we didn't really talk because he was at work and I was spending time with friends. Basically, we don't need to be in constant contact to know that we're still on each other's minds. We have our own lives because we're our own people.

• Right but I'm talking this is more than a few days

• Most guys will make a effort if they actually like you. No one is too busy to text a person they really really like. It takes not even a minute to send a text message.

• No. . That means he isn't dedicated enough to text you and can't take time out of his day to put aside for you. Busy or not there's always a few minutes wasted away where someone can slip in a text during work or on their way home. Trust me, I had a boyfriend and he gave me a stupid excuse saying, "I don't know HOW to text." Turns out, later on I found him getting all close with another girl 😠😠

• Okay we'll I know this guy doesn't do that

• Absolutely. Only do what is comfortable to you 😁😁

• I think that's my problem I listen to everyone else

• Generally I do not believe in ''too busy''. There is always a way to text someone. Just a little hi will only take 2 seconds.
    If he is at least trying, i can understand. But no effort no text, no I do not buy it.

• Depends, coming from me it would mean nothing since I avoid texting at all costs but maybe it would mean something from someone who enjoys texting or does it constantly.

• Yeah I don't care but so it's normal to not talk to someone you like if you don't see them

• Yes, it's still different. It lacks the character and wholesomeness of speaking face to face.

• I agree

• yeah because texting sucks

• So people don't talk to people they like without seeing them?

• Okay why do you say that

• cuz I don't like texting or calling so Idrc if a the guy I liked never wants to text or call. Lol
      If you don't think you can handle that then maybe find another dude?