Tips on how to stop liking someone?

I met this guy recently, and I totally feel hard for him (which I don't usually). However, he doesn't reciprocate the same feelings, in other words, I was turned down. Now, I am numb, and I want to stop liking him. Any tips on how to make the process of forgetting him faster?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• The best thing to get over somebody is to find somebody else to put your focus on. It's hard I know but it can be done.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't just switch your feelings off for someone. Trying to "unlike" someone you have feelings for is like trying to "like" someone you despise... you just can't. All you can do is keep busy and active, and your mind focused on things other than him. Cut all means of contact and gradually your feelings will fade. Every time you find yourself thinking about him focus your attention elsewhere.

What Guys Said 4

• give it time... try activities as excersise, go jog or join a gym.. the point is to do activities that'll make your mind occupied and not think about this person.

• Try to like other one

• It's not for everyone but good sex with someone else usually helps

• Just ignore him and he should know you are ignoring him...

What Girls Said 2

• Have distractions such as school or a new hobby. Or, you can start liking someone else. You can even think of the things you hate about him and try to make a list of his negative qualities. That's everything I can think of right now. I don't really suggest this one because of some pain you can acquire by doing this but get a rubber band and put it on your wrist. Whenever you think of him, snap the band on your wrist. Since we usually don't like pain, we try to avoid it. Somehow, I think, your brain would associate physical pain when thinking of him and soon enough, you'll forget about him. You wouldn't even need the band anymore. I hope you choose the more healthier ones.

• What worked for me if to get rid of everything that remind you of him. Basically "clean out your closet." Turn off music or plug your ears that remind you of him. Replace those hurt feelings with memorable feelings and GAG always works too to kill time. Don't worry, I'll be here for you