My boyfriend broke up with me because I don't make him happy anymore?

He told me I don't make him happy anymore and he doesn't love me. He said he's felt like this for weeks but didn't talk to me about it. He's recently admitted to being addicted to the Xbox and having a hard time. His sister thinks once he's had some space he'll call me. Am I getting my hopes up or should I move on?

612

Most Helpful Guy

• You "don't make him happy anymore"? That's his reason? He thinks his happiness comes from someone else? And he's 27 now?

Young lady, please... find someone else. This guy has yet to grow up. I understand he has fun on the Xbox playing video games. But to trash you over him spending time on the "box"? I don't think so.

His happiness needs to come from himself, not some-one or some-thing. If this is how he views relationships, he's in for an extremely rude awakening because EVERY relationship has its fun times and it's difficulties. It's how dedicated the individuals are to working through those that makes for strong, long lasting ones. It sounds like he's not interested at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Always move on. Never wait for anyone. That is the worst mistake you will ever make.

What Guys Said 11

• Give him some space then. All we have heard is you describing him, what about you? you could have been clingy and suffocating, we don't know. i recommend just backing off him for a bit, get some more hours at work, hang with the girls, don't text him. at some point, he'll remember you and contact you and you will know he still wants you.
    Now, that being said, whats his gamertag? im always looking for fresh ass to whoop on Xbox.

• You've made a good point. I'm 21, he's 27. I don't work and live two hours away but the reason for me not working is because I we had been talking about living together so I stopped looking where I am and focused on looking near him. I thought we wanted the same thing.

• darling... NEVER want anything because of someone else... want something because of YOU. the world is selfish... go with the flow. as you can see... he broke up with you.

• Do not be too hard on yourself for this one.. a lot of guys simply want as much as they can get.. even when the one girl they have is ample.. some guys never through their whole lives no what it is exactly they want.. to me more women do know what they want though.. sorry this happened to you and that you also may blame yourself for it.. but do not do that.. just move on.. there are a lot of guys around that do not all think this way.. I am one of them.. take care now

• i wouldn't get your hopes up only to protect against potential let down.

• Move on. Just live your life. Your pretty. You can have any guy you want. So just go about your life and pretend he doesn't exist. If he calls. That's when you decide if you want to answer.

• Move on, xbox over a girl, he's a fool its his loss so move on and find somebody that deserves you.

• addicted to an Xbox? :/ that's soo unbelievably dumb..

i could understand if it was a Playstation.. but an Xbox? thats dumb.. xD

• Its up to you.

• I don't understand the happy part.

• Move on, you should be glad that he's straight with you and didn't string you along.

• I wouldn't bother waiting around.

• Get yourself a man not a little boy still playing with toys.

What Girls Said 5

• THANK HIM ASAP and ignore him for at least 6 months!
    Now you have time to shop for someone worthwhile that is free of such fleas, a good dog that will love you, not Xbox for losers/suckers.

• You are not responsible for making anyone happy, other than yourself. If he's unhappy, let him be unhappy with his X box and move on to a man who knows how to make his own d@mn self happy and would like to share some of that happiness with you.

• Move the fuck on! You don't exist to make him happy! hahah! Baby please! lol

• Get naked and run on a busy street

• you are his girlfriend not any entertainer...
    he needs to grow up... and ya, do whatever keeps u busy...
    he will come to u if he really cares for u.. otherwise he would just waste ur time and your body will start getting old with time...
    and than u won't be able to find a husband... so dear think of urself as well