How do you get closure for the loss of a friendship?

How do you get closure for the loss of a friendship? So out of nowehere, my friend cut me out of his life completely. I'm so confused because we weren't fighting or anthing? I didn't do anything to upset him. He just out of the blue started ignoring me. I get the feeling he doesn't want to be friends anymore and I'm really heartbroken about it. It would be so much eaiser to move on if I at least KNEW why he wants me out of his life. How can I ge closure from this? He's on my mind constantly. I catch myself coming up with all sorts of scenarios that made him leave but still can't figure out.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Just move on, apparently y'all were never friends if he just walks out and doesn't respect you enough to give you a reason.

• You really opened my eyes. It breaks my heart even more if the friendship was never even real.

Most Helpful Girl

• He is either an asshole or you did something that really hurt him. But since you already went through all sorts of scenarios in your head, I'd say he's just an asshole. I don't know, are sure you haven't done anything? Maybe talked behind his back or lied about something?
    I only ghosted out once without an explanation, on my ex. We stayed friends after we broke up but I found out that he was lying to me about many stuff and I just cut him out completely without a word. He had no clue why and I saw no point in explaining myself to a douchbag.

• I re-read our messages over and over again and I can't find anything that could of hurt him. In fact, the last couple things I said were nice. That's why I'm so confused!

And, no I don't talk about him to anyone. I don't even know his friends.

What Guys Said 4

• Well, I am sure there must be a reason for him to cut you off from his life. There can be some possibilities:

1. Either you did something that you are not aware of but he knows that and that has hurt him so much that now he no longer wants you in his life as a friend.

2. I mean the part where he started ignoring you must have been happening from a while, I don't know how suddenly a person can start ignoring you out of the blue.

3. It's possible that there is something happening in his life and so at this point he can't afford any friendships.

Yes, I can understand you would want a reason as to why he want you out of his life, but then you really can't do anything about it. If he doesn't want to tell you then he won't tell you. What you can do is wait, may be one day he will come to you and give you the explanation that you want to know.

• First off, I appreciate your answer. Really, it helped. But, I wasn't kidding about the him leaving out of no where. We were just texting as we usually do and he just suddenly stopped replying. I'm left here confused and devastated.

• Well, I know you are not entitled to his reasons, but what I was trying to say was that anyone going through a similar situation would want the other person to give them a reason as to why they are doing this.

Anyways, you're right and as I said, there is nothing that can be done. If they don't want to tell you then they won't.

• Agreed. knowing at least why he won't speak to me will at least give me some closure.

• Only way to get closure is to talk about it, and when people don't want to talk to you you just have to live with heart arch, until it festers into hate. lol :D

• It may sound harsh but try to build a new friendship with someone else! Relying on one person is never easy to get over so try building another friendship

• I have others friends. None of them are him. He can't be replaced.

• Best of luck to you. Keep trying send a new message once a day until he replies. I mean it can't hurt you more than not getting a response :/

• Thank you, but I'm going to leave him alone.

• Sometimes people change. Closure? Time will do that for you.

• Ugh. Time this, time that. You people are broken records. There's got to be a more practical way than to just sit around crying and watching the grass grow.

• Hey, you asked the question. Don't be mad when you hear the answer.

• I'm not mad. Just disappointed. I was expecting some actual help instead of the ol' "time will heal" lecture.

What Girls Said 2

• You need to accept that you can not always get the answer to your questions. Also if you ask him to his face it's harder not to answer

• Send him a final message , tell him you miss him and never really understood the reason for you growing apart.
    Tell him you're very sorry if there's something about you that bothered him but things could've been solved by just talking about it.
    Tell him you'll give him the space he needs and if he ever wants to talk with you again he's welcome.

That way you are saying "goodbye" but at same time leaving an option for him to come back IF he realizes he's been a jerk after some thinking