Why did he leave? It's been 6 months, what happened?

My ex and I were getting pretty serious. We dated for 1.5 years. Everything seemed great, no real problems, it really started to seem like he was the one.

And then, in a matter of a couple weeks, he just fell out of love. He didn't want to be with me, and felt bad about it.

How can he just fall out of love after over a year of so much caring and dedication? It's been 6 months. There's no other girl, we didn't fight. He said it's his problem and nothing I did.

He doesn't try to contact me or anything. So, I believe he doesn't love me and have tried so hard to move on.

But sometimes, I just have to wonder... What happened?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree, people do not fall out of love overnight. It was obviously something he was struggling with on his own and he may have really cared for you but whatever is going on with him outweighed continuing your relationship. I know it feels like finding out what happened would be helpful but it sounds like he won't be letting you in on that. Maybe one day you will have a chance to run in to him and find out.

In your age group I can say guys sometimes just figure out they are not ready for a long-term commitment. He could also be dealing with personal decisions that are not supportive of the two of you staying together.

What Guys Said 1

• A sensible guy will always have reservations about a girl. Over that year and a half, you haven't a clue what he's thinking. I've spoken to hundreds of guys who have been smiley in front of their girlfriends but when they sat down and spoke to me, they were cracking up inside. The reason they didn't break up with their girlfriends was because they thought the situation would get better and secondly they didn't have the heart to - "I love her too much" was the usual answer.

As we aren't your ex boyfriend, only he knows exactly what the problem was. The bottom line is his feelings changed. Be thankful he broke it off so you can be with somebody else as opposed to holding onto you until he found another girl.

What Girls Said 1

• I agree with Irrelevance.