Guys, do you think about your exes often?

My ex boyfriend and I have been broken up for 7 months. I still think of him, just wondering what he's up to. We were together for 10 months. He's was a good person at first, but the pressure from work, becoming a sous chef, paying the rent and living with 3 roommates, he changed. I wasn't aware of what he was going through because he wouldn't tell me, i knew something was wrong but he would just say "I'm fine." He became more distant, less communicating, displaying no emotions and just plain cold. I stuck with this for 5 months. I gave him space when he asked and was trying to be gentle with him. I broke up with him because he said that was what he needed and when everything was okay, we'd get back together, he didn't want to lose me though which he said often. He always told me I was independent, strong, caring, smart, beautiful woman, he admired that about me. But i was tired of being his punching bag when he was angry, he'd just hurt my feelings. One day i had enough, i was checking on him because i hadn't heard from him, (I didn't know he was at work) he was furious and told me he didn't want anything from me, wished he never got involved with me, but he said he didn't want to be done with me and Im a stupid bitch. I sent him a text saying "we are done." An hour later he responded by "I'm sorry for hurting you and making you cry. I'm not mad at you just wished i showed you i cared about you more. I hope you find someone who appreciates you like you did with me, okay bye I'm sorry."

12

Most Helpful Guy

• At some point, yes. I sometimes dream of them too. I had a girlfriend from 4 years back and I still dream of her. Sometimes, I would think of her alone. Even after I get into a different relationship. The point is, you will never forget a person who has been part of your life. And stop trying to forget that person because you might forget the lesson it brought you. :) Someone out there is waiting for you. Good luck!

What Guys Said 11

• Sometimes. I'm good friends with a lot of my exes though, so my situation might be a bit different.

What you are describing sounds like there is still some chemical reactions going on in the brain about this guy though. You, or your brain, haven't fully given up all hope of some kind of magical reconciliation. That causes certain chemical processes to continue happening, which makes it brutally hard to 'get over' a person. I can try to explain some of the biochemistry a bit more but it's fairly dull. But that's what seems to be happening in your case.

If you are asking in order to get a sense of whether or not HE is thinking about you... it will depend entirely on the biochemical state of his mind. From your description, he didn't fall nearly the same way that you did, so there may not have been nearly the same level of chemical involvement going on that needs to unwind itself before he can get over you. It will most likely only be during certain moments, like when he is really horny and lonely at the same time, that he will have those kinds of thoughts. And after 7 months, he may not even have those ones any more. It'll depend on what else he's been up to.

• My ex did come back 2 weeks later wanting to get back together, for a whole month i tried because he said he wanted to try. But eventually i broke up with him again because i was tired of his shitty emotions. I just wonder if he thinks about me because it would tell me if appreciated me or not, after all he put me through.

• You're cool

• Thank you :)

I think...

• Well my ex of 4 years (first love ) just left me I was very distance become depressed with my job but had to stick with it as she went from £70,000 to £20,000 of her inheritance money for. Her dad. I was so focused on making a gd future for us lost my job relied on her. She now left went back to her mums n now flirting with other guys over Facebook and meeting old friends. But treating me like crap and being distant I've gone no contact now but I miss her so much and would do anything for another chance to make her happy. But all I get is silence so Yh if you had good memories then they will regardless of who they sleep with or get with.

• i don't really. but this site causes me to think about exes more often than i woould normally

• I'm a naturally distant person so I rarely think of positive things about my ex. I kinda messed with her a bit after our break up and got her thinking I miss her and not over her but I wouldn't ever associate with her ever. If I saw her in public I wouldn't even awknowledge her existence.

I'm fucked up though and can control my emotions due to my cold personality.

• Yes we do. They have been part of our lives.

• everybody does! emotionally you remember good ones in your lonely or weak times and the bad ones in happy and strong times, sexually you also remember the best and worst !

• Sometimes, yes, usually when I see something that reminds me of them.

• I've never thought about mine more than a few minutes and go check their facebooks to see if they got ugly without me

• I prefer to focus on future exes.

• Of course especially if you share an opinion to a topic that you can relate to

• Well, now I do for these few seconds I read the title.

But not really, every once in a blue moon I maybe check her Facebook page; but that's many times a few months apart