He broke up. No cheating, no argument. Why doesn't he want to be friends with me or even talk to me?

We met during an exchange programme. Then I come back to my country and we start a LDR. We were talking almost everyday. One week ago, he told me that breaking up it's better for both of us. He told that suddenly. We did not argue. I did not cheat. There was no reason. He only told that he had some personal problems, I tried to explain that I am here to help him but he did not want to hear anything. Today, I asked him if we can be friend because I like him as a person, but he said in a very rude way "No friendship!" . I am even more sad than the breaking. I tried to talk him calmly but he was getting rude. He did not reply to my last message.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably found someone else.

• Even if he found domeone else, why doesn't he want to be friends. It would not kill him. he wanted to break up, he can at least give this to me...

• Well now seeing this side of him I don't think he deserves you as a friend anyway does he? So it's probably for the best.

• He just sent me a message telling me to help him in finding a cheap flat and doing his homework. What does it mean? What should I understand?

What Guys Said 4

• maybe he has some physical needs thats why he told you this, and he maybe talking or hooking up with someone else and he dosen't wanna tell you this or he dosen't wanna hurt you by telling the truth.

• he is already hurting me with his rude words. He swore he did not find someone else.

• he's being your boss, when he is angry he took out his anger on you, but when he needs help he needs you too, and your helping him. or it could be possible that maybe he is really in trouble

• What should I do now? How should I act? Im really sad for him so I accepted to help him...

• He probably met someone else. It happens, this is why LDRs are so difficult.

• He just sent me a message telling me to help him in finding a cheap flat and doing his homework. I accepted to help.. I really dont know what to think...

• wait, a cheap flat where? where he lives? and honestly, I wouldn't help him with his homework just yet. Seems like he is using you right now or is really confused. don't let him take advantage of your feelings for him. That's all I am trying to say.

• Well its a LDR and the challenges for that is, well lots. The severals reasons could be:

A. He found another partner
    B A certain accident/familyproblem/etc
    C He wants to start a new, sorta like forget about the past
    D Other things that i have no idea on and may be less likely because reasons.

• well i wouldn't really help him since he send these stuff without any reason and stuff and him being mean

• also it means he might be using you now nor not i dont know

• Hey... leave him be. He may have reasons he doesn't want you to know... and I know it's for the best you don't. I advise you to look at the bright side, you are free now from a difficult ldr, and probably from someone you should not even trust. Also, remember that local guys can be better than that guy. Change your perspective... this is the key. Not letting go IS one of the long standing regrets of a person... so let this one go... it is best for you.

• I did not do anything wrong to him. When I asked him "Did I do something wrong to you?". He replied: "Stop showing yourself good". Even if he found domeone else, why doesn't he want to be friends. It would not kill him. he wanted to break up, he can at least give this to me...

• Listen my friend... I understand being friends with him still makes it better because you still have feelings for him and letting go is easier to do so in this process. But sometimes we don't get that luxury. I know it's not for him to decide what you should do about it but... he did and it was wrong. But look at it like this, he made it easier for you because this might take a LONG process to finish... and it is more painful as you invest more to him. Please do yourself a favor and look at the bright side... see this as a blessing. Your life is not with him but with some better guy out there and it's for the best. I think he had experienced this before and he knows what is the best thing to do, with the right or wrong reasons, but still the best for you and for him. Just thank him and leave. You are in a wondering stage I get it. You'll get it over as you don't really fully know this person.

• Thank you for your answer. It means a lot for me. He just sent me a message telling me to help him in finding a cheap flat and doing his homework. What does it mean? What should I understand?

What Girls Said 2

• He's going to need time to heal and move on from your relationship. Being in contact with you doesn't help that. Friendship may be possible sometime down the road, but not now.

• Looks like he just wants to forget you :(

• I did not do anything wrong to him. When I asked him "Did I do something wrong to you?". He replied: "Stop showing yourself good".

• Noooo u should have made him wait... Got some control back 😔

• I dont like playing this kind of mind game like replying late and stuffs :(

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more