Does this sound like jealousy?

Me and my boyfriend broke up 5 days ago we was with eachother for 10 months and he started telling me he loved me after 1 week of being in a relationship.

Anyway we broke up because he's a lying player and I have started "seeing" a new guy, my now ex boyfriend saw this on my Instagram and messaged me saying "hahahaha im better than him im more handsome"
And then he started being rude to me so the guy that I am now seeing messaged my ex and said to back off and then my ex boyfriend started saying to the new guy that im a player and a cheater and i will play him he should be careful etc..

Is this jealousy or something else?

• He's jealous
    78%(14)63%(19)Vote42%(5)
  • He isn't jealous (something else)
    17%(3)17%(5)Vote17%(2)
  • No idea
    5%(1)20%(6)Vote41%(5)

Most Helpful Guy

• He's peanut butter and jelly, d00d.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he could be jealous, but he's also probably jealous that you moved on quicker than he got to. His way of boosting his own ego is to put others down.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, yes it is jealousy but also combined with the fact that he is still obsessive about you and he just doesn't want you to move on or see you with some other guy, your ex just doesn't seem to care about you being happy.

• Your ex sounds like a jerk but yes I would say he is defiantly jealous the whole "im better than him" bit shows how jealous he is, if he wasn't jealous im sure he wouldn't of felt the need to say something like that and "warning" your new guy that you will play with him just screams jealousy he's trying to sabotage whatever it is you have started with this new dude

• Sounds crazy.

What Girls Said 5

• Ok, he doesn't treat you right but when you move onto someone better, he gets pissed.. "Okay". He is more than jealous. Be careful!

• Definitely jealous. He was trying to break you and your new guy up... whether his intent is to win you back, I'm not sure. But all I know is he doesn't want you moving on from him. Just block him. Save yourself the hassle.

• Your ex defiantly sounds very jealous and bitter

• Not jealousy it's like taking a toy away from a kid. They want it back even if they won't play with it. It's a childish hissy fit. If you went back to him easily then he would feel superior to you. He would have the upper hand. My advice - ignore him and move on. Don't invite him into your new relationship so he has an opportunity to ruin your happiness.

• My ex was acting like this too and later admitted to me that he was having trouble accepting that our relationship was finished and he felt really jealous.
    I would say yes he's jealous and probably still want you