How do you get over a breakup that happened because of circumstances?

I recently broke up with my boyfriend of 6 months (I'm 22, he's 25) because of circumstances (his.) I in no way wanted to break up, although I understand that the relationship wasn't ideal.

He works very long hours and travels a lot with work, so we were only seeing each other perhaps twice a month. He also lives at home after his dad died (2 hours from where I live) so despite both working in London, he often had to catch the last train home etc. making evenings and staying over difficult.

We still love each other very much and he wants me to remain in his life. He has text a few times trying to chat. We were never friends, so this feels weird. We're not still sleeping together. I haven't seen him in six weeks.

I've had breakups before, but they've been easier to move on from because:
1. I've broken all contact
2. Not in love
3. There has been animosity

How do I move on from this when essentially, we are not letting each other AND when everything about us is good apart from circumstance?

11

What Guys Said 1

• I would simply stop making contact and ignore his future advances.

What Girls Said 1

• Unless you can both work together and compromise to make it work you will always feel hurt. It's hard getting over someone you love especially if there's no hard feelings. You need to look st the bigger picture and focus on why you broke up and make yourself happy. If it's meant to be things will find a way of making it work