Texting an ex and how?

It wasn't a bad breakup, and it's been 3 years, and recently she added me on Facebook.

My question is should I message her? Can it work this time?

73

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• If it's been 3 years a lot can change. She is thinking about you that is clear. She wants to see what you are up to. Ask yourself, are you ready to handle if she isn't interested but just misses what you had? I have sent requests to those that I was once in a relationship with and didn't want nothing more so you have to be prepared for rejection. But if you are curious what is the harm of messaging her. You need to know for yourself right.

• I am just curious why she contacated me after all this time, and I would be willing to try again it gets lonely being single

• I agree there. It does get lonely being single. Maybe this time it will work. Who knows unless you make a step forward. But don't settle just because you are lonely. That isn't fair to her. You need to want her to pursue her more. If you don't than let it go and move on.

• Message her why? If you still have feelings then sure, however it was 3 years ago whose to say you two are the same people, you broke up for a reason. It is always possible for a relationship to work out after some time apart.

• I just want to see what is up. And well she broke up with me so that's why I am curious

• Usually people give a reason for their break ups, so if she didn't thats really odd.

• Well yes if she readded you

• She's sort of already broken the ice by adding you, so go ahead and melt it.

• Why not?
    She's made the first move. Send her a friendly message saying nice to see/hear from her. Hope she's okay. Would be nice to hook up for a coffee (not a drink - too much like a date) to catch up.
    See what happens...
    Good Luck :)

• don't jump on that subject right away
    let her come to you
    be a friend and see what happens

I am a girl

• Why do you think she added me though? I mean she broke up with me

What Guys Said 3

• Is she on another social media platform where you are? If she's not friended you there, friend her and see what happens.

• 1. Yes.
    2. No.

• Depends on how it ended and why. Personally i dont think goin back ever works, never did for me