·opinions needed· does anyone think is it possible to get back with first love?

my ex and i have been broken up almost two years (we were together for 4 years ·17-22·) & recently, within the past week, have found myself thinking about him a lot. he has a new girlfriend & they have been together for a year. i still talk to his friends & i told one of them about how I've been thinking about him & he said "you could probably get him back tbh". but i dont know if its worth trying again. what does everyone think? what should i do? should i just let it go & fight the feeling and urge to talk to him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes Everything is possible, but most likely is not gonna work. Everything changes over time: people, feelings, thoughts etc.. it's easier to think about the positive and good moments you lived with him and wish to have that again, but nothing will ever be same..

Most Helpful Girl

• Is it possible? Yes. I personally don't ever give up if I want something really bad. I don't believe in giving up. My point is that if you really want it then go ahead and fight for it BUT he has a new girlfriend. I really don't think it's okay to get involved with that, if he was single yes but imagine how you would feel if you had a boyfriend and his first love came back.. My advice to you is that either you wait until he is single, if you think he is worth it or move on. I do not think there is any other options.

What Guys Said 2

• if he was single i would say yes but since he is in a relationship i would since he is happy there. a nother option is tell the friend to tell your ex if or when he is single again to look you up

• that same friend told me a month or so ago that his new girlfriend is really controlling & never lets him do things with his friends without him.. it kinda makes me feel bad for him

• contact him and tell him for some reason you have been thinking of him and wondering how things are going. see if he opens up to you even if its as a friend.

• If you have a genuine regard for him, be happy for him having found someone else.
    That's not to say you can't talk, etc.
    If things change in the future, by all means "plight thy troth"!

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, I would totally get back with my first love if it was possible 💑 However, when it comes to your situation I strongly suggest you to not do anything since he has a girlfriend, don't be a homewrecker 🙅🏽 If he was single I'd say go for it but since he's a taken man, forget about it 😁

• Well, if she's that bad, he's gonna break up with her sooner or later... I don't think you should intrude, it's not your place to decide if they should stay together or break up.