Ex still calls me everyday. What should I do?

My ex and I have been seperated for over a year. We have children together and lived together for over 8 years. She says she doesn't want to get back with me. However she calls me everyday. Our communication is great. We even do things together as a family. When I have the kids and she comes to pick them up she always comes in and stays for a bit. I do the same when I drop them off. She has even asked me to stay for dinner. But when I bring up reconciliation she just shuts down. What should I do? And why does she call me everyday? Is that normal?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not abnormal. It's great that you're on good terms.

You guys share a bond that you don't share with anyone else, and it's unbreakable.

My daughter's dad and I were never in a proper relationship, we were friends with benefits, and now we're close friends.
    He knows he can come round here whenever he wants, and he does.
    A couple of nights a week he'll come round here to do her bedtime routine with her because he doesn't want to miss out on things like that. He often stays for a good couple of hours afterwards and we just talk and hang out.

When he takes her out, more often than not, he wants to have that time with her on his own, but there have been a couple of occasions when we've taken her somewhere together. It's good for us and it's good for her.
    We do text each other quite a lot and it's just completely relaxed, and it's just really nice.

I think having a situation like that is very lucky.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• What caused the separation?

• I cheated. I know it was wrong. I apologized sincerely and have been to therapy to deal with my issues. I have spoken to her about getting back. She has said she's still upset. And maybe in the future we can be a family again. But not in the near future.

• But it's not ideal...

• That's what I've been doing. I spend most of my free time with her and the girls. Doing the best I can to prove myself to her.

• It sounds like she's keeping everything good because you have a family together and she wants the children to see that the break-up was a good thing. If she shuts down when you mention reconciliation it seems like her point of being so nice and welcoming towards you is to keep things smooth and easy between you. I hope you work it out.

What Guys Said 1

• Get a girlfriend or make one up.. make her jelous XD

• Why? Their relationship is over, and when there are children involved, you don't play games like that.

Teenagers play games like that.

The best thing they can do is keep it friendly.

• @Napoli y does she keep bugging him she's playing games.. jst wants him wrapped around her finger she's being childish.. find don't make up a girlfriend.. get a real girlfriend n move on

• Honestly, she's being friendly. What she's doing is not game playing. From the post, it seems she just wants them to be able to get along.

Get a real girlfriend by all means, but fake girlfriends after the age of 15 aren't a good idea.