Do a lot of guys move on like this?

My ex dumped me and is now going out with someone who he's always called a "friend". Apparently I didn't really stand a chance with this guy because he was so busy pursuing this person. She's several years older than him, and they've known each other for a few years. I was his first long and intimate relationship, and we weren't friends prior. I found out after the fact of the break up how long he had been talking to her, and I feel like an idiot. I feel like I had been sized up the entire relationship. Is this something many guys do? I don't want to think of my ex as evil, but this definitely hurts. Do even sometimes the nicest guys do things like this? Do relationships like this work out? Maybe I was just a fluke for him?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't speak for ALL guys but I can say that I am not like this. Whenever I am committed to a person then I am with them (and only them). If I would break up with them its not because I found someone else its because there is something about them I don't like (compatibility issue). I have only been in one relationship and she dumped me - never found out why :(

And usually when I am just talking to a girl I only will talk to one at a time. Don't feel like an idiot and don't consider yourself a "fluke". How were you supposed to know what was going on in his head? And fluke makes it sound like there is something wrong with YOU and there wasn't if he was "so busy pursuing this person." I would call him the fluke if he is in a relationship with you and pursuing someone else. That just isn't right to do to someone :(

What Guys Said 1

• This is a product of society. Guys get shot down often and it's considered normal. We are used to rejection and have become slightly numb emotionally. This also allows us to move on relatively quickly. I will admit that I put on an act for an ex when we broke up. It felt so odd being fake that I never decided to do that again.

What Girls Said 1

• This exactly happened to me. My boyfriend found someone better I guess and moved on to her. I just had to get over him and move on too.. I think that's what you should do.