Last week, my boyfriend and I broke up in an angry fight at his house. I was having an episode. We were together for a year and I dumped him in September, got back together in November. He's known the majority of our relationship I was bipolar, but had never witnessed an episode. I've been on my medcation since December trying to get it together. Last Tuesday, I asked him if I could continue to talk to him about my disorder and my episodes. He said yes. I asked this because a week before that, I told him I needed more support and if I couldn't talk to him about it, I'd talk to someone else and he wasn't allowed to be mad about it. He said, "Trust me, I won't, as long as it's a trained professional". Yes, exact words from text message. I told him I was going to talk to my friends too, which seemed to annoy him but he got over it. And no, I was't trying to annoy him. Anyway, after I asked last Tuesday about him being more supportive and talking to him more, I found his dating profile. We met online anyway, but he wouldn't delete them. I've been asking for months to delete them from 2 sites, but he wouldn't. My birthday was Feb. 21st, and he was supposed to take me to dinner (this guy never voluntarily took me anywhere. Never had a date, never went to dinner, for drinks... it was his house all time to watch a movie, watch him play a video game, talk, and then sex. I'm really not making this up.) I had to change my wish from dinner to him deleting his profile to make him do it. Then a week a later, it was back up. He said I never told him how long to leave it gone. He deleted it again, and last Tuesday when I went to the bathroom, I found he had a Tinder profile. There was screaming, yelling, cussing, and he said we were over and said he'd call the police if I didn't leave. I was asking him to help me and all he said was 'That's not my job anymore."
I don't find boyfriends easily. I'm scared I'm not loveable because of my disorder.
- Umm... he's an ass, you can do better18%(5)28%(14)Vote41%(9)
- You're crazy. I would've dumped you, too.7%(2)8%(4)Vote9%(2)
- You're loveable. And you will find your soulmate.29%(8)24%(12)Vote18%(4)
- You're disorder will never allow you to have a successful relationship.3%(1)4%(2)Vote5%(1)
Most Helpful Guy
Can you find a boyfriend who will love you? Yes, but... it's not going to be easy, depending on how severe your bipolar is. I had a step daughter who was bipolar. If you wanted to know the definition, look it up in the dictionary and her pic was there. She had a severe version.
1. Keep up with your meds, ESPECIALLY if you're feeling OK. Be as consistent when you take them as possible!
2. Avoid garbage foods. That includes fast foods and unhealthy snacks. Eat as healthy as possible ALWAYS. The once in a while variation is OK, but make it extremely few and far between. This will help keep your chemical imbalance more stable, along with your personality.
3. Develop a great support system with friends and family and a therapist. Let any new boyfriend know you NEED to have some (more like several) outlets to go to when you feel the stress of a situation. A boyfriend is OK, but what if the problem is with him? Then who can you turn to?
4. Find someone with patience. It's not easy to do, but a guy who's willing to look at situations with truth and honesty and deal with them over time. Along with that, be open to honest criticism. If your friends and boyfriend are telling you one thing and you're seeing it as something else, you're probably the one missing something. Be honest with yourself and be willing to admit maybe you're not seeing things correctly.
I think it's very possible to find a great guy and live a long and happy life with your situation!0
Most Helpful Girl
What happened happened. If you love him, pull yourself together, follow your goals, get more stable, fix yourself, then try to be there. Who cares if no one can love you. You can still love them. if you find you're only hurting him, carry the memories with you, and let him go. But not after giving it your all. Change is unknown until you try it. Till (I) try to change. All ino is its a 50 50 chance ill change for the better. May be the biggest fck up if my life, but its a risk ill take. Come November.0