He says he does not want a relationship, but he is talking to someone else. Now what?

My friends with benefits is actually my ex boyfriend who broke up with me a year ago. He knows I still have feelings for him and he tells me that he does not think he will feel the same way again or that we would get back together. Well we are very close and we hangout and talk all the time. I have stuck with him through thick and thin and though he appreciates my friendship, he still does not like me. He tells me he is not emotionally ready to be with someone, but the other day a girl texted him and now he told me that they are talking because he is interested and they have a lot in common. I was really hurt and I cannot believe that he would tell me something and do the opposite. He tells me he can talk to a girl and not want to date them, but yet he still talks to them. He also said he is not planning to ask her out but still. I know I need to get over him, but distracting myself has not worked since I do not have many friends or activites to do. Any suggestions or thoughts on what to do? I really love him and have a strong belief that he is the one for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry, but what made you think that the smart decision would be to continuously have sex with a guy who doesn't like you while you still have feelings for him?

Did you think he'd change or were you just asking to get hurt?

Most Helpful Girl

• He. Is Not. The One. For You.
    You have no right to be upset but as long as you continue this pseudo relationship, you will continue to hurt. I'm sorry but it really is time to cut the ties.

What Guys Said 2

• Basically he's stringing you along and using your emotional attachment in order to get sex. You're basically his fuck toy. I approve.

• He said what he felt at the time, but feelings can change just like that, you could think that but then you meet someone else and you feel differently. So things can change in the moment

What Girls Said 2

• He's not interested in you, your just a fuck buddy not relationship material

• Funny because I was in a relationship with him and he did gain feelings again after we broke up but he doesn't anymore.

• "He's not interested in you, your just a fuck buddy not relationship material"
      have you read my comment? cause what you said is a complete nonsense

• Eh, turn total bitch mode with him. He's gonna wonder why your not paying him any attention then BAM he wants you again.