Can a ex that dumped you be suffering from the break-up too and miss you?

Having a hard time dealing with it. Everyone tells me to move on and that I deserve better (which is what he said to me as well) but I just miss him. I probably sound desperate but I need to vent my feelings. I'm too nervous and scared to contact him and I feel like he should reach out. Recently, it was my birthday and he did text around midnight wishing me a great day. But nothing since. I need closure. I need to be myself again. Opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know. Honestly, I'm in a similar situation. Except my ex is extremely immature and treats me like I did something wrong to him even though he broke up with me. It's been 6 months since our break up and as far as I know, he doesn't miss me. He's never contacted me. He refused to give me closure and treats me horribly.

I think him wishing you a happy birthday at least tells you that you're on his mind and that just maybe, he values you enough to remember it was your birthday. Don't make the mistake of contacting him like I did. If he cares enough, he will text again.

• thank you, and i'm sorry to hear about your ex treating you that way. You deserve better!

What Guys Said 2

• Yaa i dumped my ex n i still miss her n love her after 3 years xD

• yes, it does happen... no one believes the guy

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah def! My ex took me for granted and treated me like a last priority. I sick of feeling this way and my decision to break up was not an easy one. Many tears were shed due to mu decision not to be miserable. I think my ex was spread checked out of the relationship. He was totally content to not make an effort, but have someone to take care of him.

• Yes, it is quite possible for the one that ended the relashionship to miss the other. A break up tend to be hard on both parties in one way or another. And finding some kind of closure is quite an important factor in any relashionship that ends. But the question is what type of closure you need? Do you need to know why it ended the way it did, do you need to wish him a nice life? Everyone needs diffrent type of closures, but it's not always easy to know exactly what you need. Perhaps try to write down all of your feelings in a letter, not nesaserry for it to be given to your ex, but rather a way for you to put your feelings in words (and not keep then within). I hope you'll be able to move forward from this, and take care

• Trust me, Just let him go. I know how you feel. I wanted closure too, but unfortunately I just my heart played with. When my ex dumped me my heart was broken for months. Everyone tells me to move on and that I deserve better too; my ex also said the same thing when he dumped me. Trust me, u didn't nead closure because you already got it by him tell you that you deserve better. And if he contacts you out of the blue and seems like he wants to rekindle the relationship... TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTIONS WITH YOUR HEART! Trust me.

• The hardest thing about a break up is still being in contact with the ex especially if feelings are still involved. Take steps to work on yourself go out with friends and do things that make you happy. Be careful about talking about him as it can become an obsession, you left for a reason so remember why you left. Keep strong hun you can move from this and be happy again

• thank you, i'm very lucky to have my friends and family

• You need to learn to find closure another way

• Yes, for sure.

• Both of the people in the relationship are suffering during a break up. It's okay to miss him, if you need to vent your feelings, start off with your friends and if you feel comfortable enough to try contacting him again because you really do miss him, I say why not! :) But first, ask yourself: Do I really want him back or do I just want to have someone by my side? Am I just in love with the feeling of being in love?